Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Nominations Now Being Accepted for Featured Tractor of the Month for July 2011!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
70 replies to this topic

#1 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted February 01, 2011 - 11:02 AM

We are now taking nominations for featured tractor of the month for July 2011. The theme for this month is going to be "Show your colors". Whether you are from the U.S., Canada or any other country you must have your country's colors represented in one form or another. So be creative.

I also can't emphasize enough to please provide at least 2 paragraphs for the description of you tractor. Your tractor is going to be featured on the front page of GTtalk, this is your chance to shine and let everyone know about your tractor.

Here are the rules:

• Tractor being nominated must not have been a featured in the last 12 months.
  • Please give at least a two paragraph description to tell us about your tractor.
  • You need 2 photos attached to your post as attachments, not linked from another site, the year make and model, and a brief description of your history with the tractor and what you use it for most.

We will accept up to 10 nominations, this thread will be closed after the 10th nomination. Once 10 nominations are made we will start a new thread for the voting. Voting will run to the end of the current month and on the 1st of the following month the winner will be featured on the GTtalk Home Page and in our Featured Tractors section.

Rules subject to change to better work for everyone. Good luck!

#2 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted June 01, 2011 - 10:18 AM

What did we say the theme was again,or is there none this month?

#3 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted June 01, 2011 - 10:29 AM

I put it in the first post. It is going to be "Show your colors". I just borrowed this one for this month until we get all of them in place after the voting is done in the other thread.

#4 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,630 Thanks
  • 29,836 posts

Posted June 01, 2011 - 10:29 AM

1st paragraph above Maynard. :smilewink:

#5 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted June 01, 2011 - 11:47 AM

I overlook things very easily.......apparently.:(

#6 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,281 Thanks
  • 28,615 posts

Posted June 01, 2011 - 10:44 PM

I overlook things very easily.......apparently.:(

It's OK, if things are fuzzy, blame it on your Camera...
:poke:

#7 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted June 01, 2011 - 11:04 PM

It's OK, if things are fuzzy, blame it on your Camera...
:poke:

Alan, if it is fuzzy he could just send it to you and you can touch it up for him. Remember, you have a mullet and a cape, you can do anything. :bigrofl:

#8 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted June 02, 2011 - 07:38 AM

Alright gang, would like to see some of those nominations start rolling in :D

#9 MAV OFFLINE  

MAV

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 487
  • 108 Thanks
  • 215 posts

Posted June 02, 2011 - 08:58 AM

Ok George I will start.

I am going to nominate my 1969 John Deere 110 Custom Color (patio). Custom Color tractors where built from the years 1969 to 1971. The frame and body was painted Dogwood White and the customer had their choice of colors for the hood and seat in Patio Red, Spruce Blue, Sunset Orange, or April Yellow. The 110 came with a 8hp Kohler engine, 4speed gear drive transmission. Several attachment could be bought for the Custom Color tractors in Dogwood White also. The 1969 model year is the only year that did not specify that it was a Custom Color in the serial number and was the only year to have the engine painted white.

I picked this up several years ago sitting behind a garage. When I brought it home it didn't run, but just needed a tune up to get it going. While I would be working on it my son would be sitting on the seat pretending to drive it. After I got it running we made several trips around the neighborhood. Now the tractor just gets used for shows and parades, but I have used to in the past to pull the lawn sweep, and lawn cart. Have also taken it to a plow day (did not plow though) and last year took it to the John Deere Expo in Springfield Ohio.

Except for the rims it still has the original paint on it. In the picture you can see that I have a 43c grader blade attached. Yes I do have the blue seat that matches the hood but for parades I put the red seat on that I find at the Massey dealer on a MF7.

69 110 Flags 1.jpg

Mark

Attached Thumbnails

• 69 110 Flags 2.jpg

#10 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted June 02, 2011 - 09:08 AM

Very nice Mav, thank you for getting the ball rolling. Alright guys the table is set :D

#11 Ron White OFFLINE  

Ron White

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 267
  • 123 Thanks
  • 124 posts

Posted June 02, 2011 - 09:15 AM

Very nice first entry Mav !!!

#12 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted June 02, 2011 - 10:12 AM

Nice one MAV.

#13 jdcrawler OFFLINE  

jdcrawler

tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1639
  • 3,173 Thanks
  • 1,724 posts

Posted June 03, 2011 - 08:19 AM

This is a hard category for me as I don't have any tractors that are red white and blue.
A long time ago I made a flag holder that is mounted on the bucket of the Lindeman crawler.
It is the only "tractor" that has a flag holder on it and when we go to tractor shows, I raise the bucket up so the flag is sitting high and proud.

There are some photos from a tractor show that have the flag in them but they show both of my crawlers not just the one.
Would that still qualify even though there are two of my crawlers in the photos ???

Of coarse I could always pull the Lindeman crawler out and take some photos with flags on it but I kind of like the idea of using photos that I already have rather than staging a photo shoot just for this contest ???

#14 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted June 03, 2011 - 08:31 AM

This is a hard category for me as I don't have any tractors that are red white and blue.
A long time ago I made a flag holder that is mounted on the bucket of the Lindeman crawler.
It is the only "tractor" that has a flag holder on it and when we go to tractor shows, I raise the bucket up so the flag is sitting high and proud.

There are some photos from a tractor show that have the flag in them but they show both of my crawlers not just the one.
Would that still qualify even though there are two of my crawlers in the photos ???

Of coarse I could always pull the Lindeman crawler out and take some photos with flags on it but I kind of like the idea of using photos that I already have rather than staging a photo shoot just for this contest ???

Ray, I think it would be alright to use the photo with the two of them in, just note which one it is in the photo that you are submitting. Something like; The crawler on the left is such and such.

#15 jdcrawler OFFLINE  

jdcrawler

tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1639
  • 3,173 Thanks
  • 1,724 posts

Posted June 03, 2011 - 09:48 AM

..... My entry for "Show Your colors". .....
We display the flag on the crawler at every tractor show that we attend.
The flag is mounted on the loader so it can be raised up and fly high and proud.
These photos were taken at a tractor show several years ago.

The "flag holder" is a 1945 John Deere Lindeman BO crawler that I rebuilt back in 1978.
These crawlers have a John Deere B powerplant ( engine, transmission, radiator, gas tank & hood )
The Lindeman Company of Yakima Washington, made all the parts to to make it into a crawler.
They were marketed mostly for the hilly orchard county on the west coast.
Production of these crawlers was from 1938 thru 1947 and 1,675 crawlers were built during that 9-year period.

The bucket loader is off an old Massey Harris Ferguson tractor and was adapted by me to fit on to the crawler.
I used this crawler on a regular basis around the property for 23 years but it is now retired and is mostly just displayed at shows.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by jdcrawler, June 03, 2011 - 09:31 PM.