#1 BTS OFFLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • Member No: 11851
  • 4864 Thanks
  • 2709 posts

Posted November 27, 2016 - 12:45 PM

I have some questions about the clutch on my new G152, the clutch was replaced before I bought it and it seems really jumpy. I can't hardly slip the clutch it's either not going to spinning the tires. I looked at the adjustment linkage on the clutch pedal and it looks like it is out of adjustment, I looked in my book and it doesn't say anything about adjusting the clutch?.

Is this a adjustment that needs to be done or is it just the way a new clutch should feel?.

Thanks for any info

#2 boyscout862 OFFLINE  

boyscout862
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8923
  • 15196 Thanks
  • 10000 posts

Posted November 27, 2016 - 01:15 PM

Adjusting the clutch linkage properly is essential to the safe operation of a vehicle. It will also help the clutch and brakes to last longer. There has to be instructions for the adjustment. Sometimes its in the maintenance section of the manual. Sometimes its in the clutch or transmission section. You may have to download a manual from our Manuals Section. I have seen it twice in 40+ years where the bearing fork was bent or broken. Another time it wasn't properly on the pivot. Good Luck, Rick

• BTS said thank you

#3 Cat385B OFFLINE  

Cat385B

Tractorfanatics.com

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 14751 Thanks
  • 10288 posts

Posted November 27, 2016 - 02:04 PM

I have never had to touch mine, so I can't help on this one. The only manuals I have are for the attachments.

• BTS said thank you