ericjr16's Bolens 12561416.87%
pryan05's Ford LGT14567.23%
James Bosma's MF-1456.02%
Bmerf's Sears ST/1044.82%
Gillis.jim Luc Doiron's Ariens GT-19910.84%
gtcsreg's Snapper 165022.41%
CraftsmanGT's Bolens 100011.20%

#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
Voting for GTtalk Featured Tractor of the Month for the month of December has now officially started and will end the last day of November. This month's theme is snow removal equipment.

The winner will be featured on the GTtalk Home Page for the entire month of December and in our Featured Tractor Section for infinity.

We have 13 nominations this month. Let the Voting Begin!

Before voting please be sure to check out all the entries in the posts below.

LET THE VOTING BEGIN!!

• PS: Next month will be a decorated for Christmas theme. If you are setting up a display, keep this in mind for next month.

#3 ·
So I'll enter my 1976 Massey Ferguson 14. I have this one about 6 or 7 years. Only attachments I have is a mowing deck and the dozer/ snow plow. Plow is not a Massey attachment. Got the plow with another tractor and fitted it on the 14. I hope to put a hydrualic cylinder on for angling the plow. Going to hook up to the deck cylinder, where the tees are located.
Engine was changed, due to rod breaking. Had some trouble with a sticking exhaust valve once. But other than that, just general service has been done. I use it in the woods to haul stuff. Have not cut grass with it for a couple of years.
Put 26x10x12 rear tires and chains on it two years ago. Put front rib tires on too.
Thanks for lookin,

Noel

Attachments

#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
I guess Ill give this a shot. I saw the ad for this machine in CL for about 2 months with no photo, and finally decided to go look at it. I thought if nothing else, Id have a Kohler engine outta the deal, well 50 bucks later, and it was coming home with me. A 1967 Jacobsen Chief 800. 8hp, gear drive with creeper gear.

She was in bad shape. Broken mower spindles, missing headlights, hood was off, batt box was missing, but she run good, and had potential!

Through many, many, many hours scouring the interwebs, I have mannaged to obtain many parts, and some accessories from all over the country, the biggest was the sickle that came from New York. I did use this tractor for snow removal for 3 winters, but since putting the sickle on, I have no intention on ever taking it back off as its a pain.

The photo of her in the snow is the only one I have actually using it, for obvious reasons, but Im also going to toss in some random pics through varoius states of transition, and repair.

Her nice little goodie package includes, wheel weights, hub caps, am radio, 1 hard top cab, 1 soft top cab, sickle bar, 36" deck, angle trip doser, adjustable rear hitch, new true powers in back, new Carlisle grass slippers in front, air horns, and a guy who smiles every time she comes to life.

She has since been retired from snow duty, and is now just for show, but has served well even in negative temps, she always started, and for a little machine she could push some impressive amounts of snow.

This is my 1st GT, and well, this is what has started my bug for them a few years back, and now the horizon is broader as I have interest in other flavors as well. Still truely a great machine.

In closing, feel free to ask questions if you have any, hope you enjoyed the little reads, and cheers;)

Attachments

#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
I am going to Nominate 'Rusty' ...again .

He is a 1959 David Bradley Suburban Model#917-60601 SN3658

Recoil start 5.75 HP Briggs and Stratton Horiz shaft . Model 143302 type502527 SN 17690

I am very proud of this tractor .

When I got him Dec. 2014 this was a pretty rough looking machine , but I could see that it had a lot of potential .

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

I worked my magic , with a lot of help from my Uncle and by mid-summer 2015 we had this machine refurbished and fully functional.

Wheel Tire Plant Vehicle Automotive tire

At this point he won the Vote for T.of M. for Sept. 2015 on GTTalk forums in the 'open' category .

He was prepared for his first working season , outfitted with a 42" dozer blade and chains .

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Tread Motor vehicle

After some adjustments and tinkering with belt tensions and clutch settings he was doing what was intended .

Snow Vehicle Automotive tire Tree Motor vehicle

Water Vehicle Automotive tire Outdoor recreation Travel

Snow Automotive tire Wheel Motor vehicle Vehicle

He will be sporting a set of wheel weights this year and though I don't have a lot of driveway , Rusty makes it fun to clear the snow .

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

He will be back to doing what he loves most , working at his primary function ... snow removal !

Attachments

#6 · (Edited by Moderator)
I have a Snapper, but was made by Power King really, so I call it my Snapper King! Recved tractor a few years ago with deck, snow-brush and blade that was new and something newer called Quick-tach to put them on. It allows you to drive up to the attach and lift on hydruaulics that catch under it and connect. Similar to Skid Steer systems, but this one you have to get off and hook up the lock pins and/or the driveshaft. First year I ran, found problems and later that there was NO lube in the brush, so broke that and had to rebuild. Rebuild went OK, expensive, yet OK. Parts were still available, luckily. Few shots here of that rebuild. I used it mostly for doing the yard between buildings for the dog to have running area. Did some on drive also, but worked best on more level areas, my drive is uphill and hard to work things going up in winter. I did use the blade at times for pushing dirt and snow also. This is one of my favorite tractors, and most modern maybe. It is large sized, has hydro drive and lift and nice 3pt hitch. Power steering too is nice, first I've had with such. This is first year for weights on back at hitch and it has those MONSTER chains for it. V-twin 20hp Kohler runs nice and quiet. I have gotten Stuck with it tho, and had to dig it back out!

Attachments

#7 · (Edited by Moderator)
This is G.L. Grumpy's WIFE, Debbie putting in his Speedex 1622 to the fold! He bought this tractor as a pair from Ohio in Mid-winter and they got delivered in early spring. He tore the best one done immediately and rebuilt or cleaned up most of the tractor and got it running. Later that year he attached a snow blade from another Speedex he sold, bought some army chains off epay and added the 4pt hitch bar to put on weights, just athletic type that fit pretty good. He has used this to plow snow some in rear drive and around, but didn't get alot of use last winter with light snows we had. He has now put on decals and got it ready for this year. It seems it is one of his favorite tractors and easy to run, even I have driven it some, but not working it. It is easy with the hydro pedal drive and the hydraulic lift, even I can work those! Here's some pictures!

Attachments

#8 ·
I'll nominate my 1050. My father and I purchased this tractor probably 20yrs ago in rough shape. We went through the whole machine together and got it back into shape. The tractor has been used heavily and has yet to let my dad or me down! When I moved out of my parents house and bought my own house my dad gave me the old 1050. I took it home and gave it a quick restoration and got it ready for snow duties after I was done painting. I added gbc lumberjack atv tires on the rear, wheel weights, and loaded the tires. The thing is a tank in the snow. It has handled it all for me in the area I live and the cab keeps me clean, dry and warm! Enjoy the pics!

Attachments

#9 · (Edited by Moderator)
I never done anything like this! I'll try with my Bolens 1256. WE were given her about two-three years ago from our good Friend Bob. He told us the machine was stored in a trailer along with other new machines from a defunct Bolens dealer. It was never used till early '90's I think? He got it from his brother along with a 1254 gear drive. He used it to mow and work for years, stored outside. Guess the seat was taken or ruined so he mounted the one on it now. He friended us and saw the care my dad put into his work. With his sever back injury and lack of ability to restore it, he gave it to us along with the snow Blower. We got it running better and cleaned up and used it for a couple winters. This year the hydro lift leaked badly due to age related decay. This started us on the restoration of it. This was a very enjoyable time for us to make this machine great again! I hope all of you enjoy the pictures of the before and after. This restoration was never meant to be perfect, just to preserve it and make it nice for us to enjoy! I like just looking at here at times!

Wheel Tire Tractor Automotive tire Vehicle

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Wood Automotive exterior Gas

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

Wheel Automotive tire Tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

This post has been promoted to an article

Attachments

#10 · (Edited by Moderator)
I would like to enter my Ford LGT 145. I believe its a 1978, it is equipped with the single stage snow thrower, rear wheel wieghts and a parade seat for my children. I was given this tractor by a co-worker/friend, it belonged to his father it was destined for the dump. I am the third owner of this tractor. The first owner must have had the tiller for it because it has all the bracket for the three point hitch and the rear PTO. I also have the lift arm for the 3 point. The second owner used this tractor to clear manure out of he large dairy farm and to clear his drive way in the winter. He no longer had a use for it and it had a problem with the charging system so he was just going to through it away. It is in very good mechanical shape it never mowed grass until this year when I got a deck for it. The parade seat was made by the previous owner and is now use by myself. I gave it a refresh paint job and new decals I always had a passion for tractors and GTs are the right size for my needs.

#11 · (Edited by Moderator)
I will nominate my 1974 Massey Ferguson MF 14. I picked this one up about a year ago. I did get a chance to use it twice last winter. This tractor has mainly done tilling and snow plowing. I have all the Massey attachments for the MF 14's since I have 2 of them.

This tractor came with the 2 piece Massey wheel weights, a set of IHC 12" wheel weights, aggressive chains for the wheels, home-made snow blade and a MF 550 tiller with 2 extension kits

I use this Massey as my messy work horse.

I have attached my modified MF 520 snow blower to it for this winter along with plastic weights and chains.

This Massey has original paint, engine, transaxle and still seems to works well

I like the power and torque the hydrostatic drives have and find very useful for snow removal as depth and weight of snow varies each time.

Last year we did not get much snow but this year they say different so I hope to get some seat time in

Tire Wheel Plant Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Wheel Plant Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Plant Vehicle Motor vehicle
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Agricultural machinery

Attachments

#12 ·
Up for your consideration is the Sears ST/10. Believed to be a '73 model. I wasn't looking for a tractor when this one happened along. Looking for a leaf vacuum and this came attached. Figured to flip the tractor; but became very attached to this work horse. It started my collection of Sears attachments.

Found a plow near by and went on a 170 mile road trip. Rear blade was located a lot closer; homemade from an unknown front blade. PO kind of cobbled it together with a funny angle, but it works great at removing hard packed down snow. Tractor is used mainly to cleanout the hard to reach areas. It will push through a 2' drift. Fifty pound wheel weights with snow chains stay on all year long.

Wheel Snow Tire Vehicle Automotive tire
Snow Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Mode of transport
Wheel Snow Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Snow
Tire Wheel Snow Automotive tire Vehicle
Snow Wheel Tire Car Vehicle

It is a worker and it shows. One day it will get a refresh, but until then, it will be earning its keep as my "go to" tractor for yard and snow cleanup. May even put the blower on and give it a workout this winter.

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

Attachments

#13 · (Edited by Moderator)
I would like to nominate Luc Doiron and his Ariens GT-19.

This tractor is original and hasn't been screwed with in any way, shape or form. Great working condition!

The Tractor:
His GT-19 hydrostatic is a 1986 and has factory power steering, hydraulic lift, electric clutch on front/mid and rear pto, and has a twin cyl 19hp Kohler gas motor.
862a7fc8819f3f9de23f92d1149775f6.jpg

The snow gear:
This unit gets outfitted with a 48" front mount ariens snow blower, factory weight box, plow blade, tire chains and wheel weights and also has a semi soft cab with glass windshield and a hand crank wiper!
11c04bf6826652c231ded4fd6080d26a.jpg
7d11adc435c1910a31a872901166b9f7.jpg

Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

#14 ·
Ok, if I can remember how to attach some pictures to this here goes. This is my Snapper 1650 painted as a tribute to my Dad and his Massey 1650. It's been doing mostly snow work lately, that is when we have enough. My drive is over 130 yards long so it can get tiring for this old tractor fan. I used to try to take it on manually with the old grain scoop. It's a wonder I didn't look like a body builder back when I did that but the result was just a sore back.

After seeing the error of my ways I picked up this GT with Sears Snow blower and added my home made weight box on the back. That worked ok but I did get tired of getting dusted by "light" snow to the point I could barely see. It was working though. Then I stumbled on a sweet deal on a three point hitch from a parts tractor I picked up. Then I went on a mission to find an old Scoop Tote like my Dad had. I was blessed and found Dad's actual one. Some have asked me "doesn't it hurt your neck working backwards?" to which I say no because the armrests on the seat allow me to get turned just right and comfortable. I am actually just as fast with the Scoop Tote as I was with that snow blower thanks to that shuttle pedal. My wife picked up an AWD SUV so it buys me time to clear the drive at my leisure. Still, it's really nice to have all this available. By the way, I call it "The Superior" after the tool box I added to the fender. Thanks to GTT and it's members for all the help with this GT. Reg

Attachments

#15 · (Edited by Moderator)
I'd like to nominate my 1965 Bolens 1000. I had an MTD 995 that needed more work than I thought it needed so up on craigslist it went. After being on there for 2 weeks I got an email asking if I wanted to trade for a Bolens 1000. After some quick research on it I agreed and had it home that evening. I was told the magneto was bad and the piston rings were stuck.

The PO had rigged an automotive coil to it and it ran except it smoked worse than my buddies diesel VW Rabbit. After some tinkering I found out the magneto did work so off came the auto coil. After soaking the piston in the Marvel Mystery Oil 3 times it still smoked really bad and would use almost 1/2 a quart of oil in 30 minutes of running. Off came the cylinder head to find a 5/16" ring gap and a piston that wiggled at least a 1/4". The bore was in perfect shape surprisingly so I ordered a set of std. rings and after a light deglazing and getting it put back together the Wisconsin TR10D runs flawless and I haven't had to add a drop of oil since and it has become one of my favorite engines.

I had a Murray plow laying in the weeds so I decided to see if it would work. A couple washers for spacers and a lift rod later I have a plow. Added the headlight and scored some Bolens wheel weights, now I'm just waiting on the snow. Currently it's used for trailer pulling and grading the driveway. I'll be getting a mower deck in a few weeks. Can't wait to try that out this spring.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Tread

Plant Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle

Attachments

#17 ·
Eany, meany, miny, moe

Which one should I pick that won't make it snow?

Lots of great entries to choose from which makes it a tough choice - good luck to all who entered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.