20 replies to this topic

#16 SimplyRad OFFLINE  

SimplyRad
  • Member No: 84410
  • 733 Thanks
  • 605 posts

Posted November 27, 2016 - 10:48 AM

I hope to do this winters projects next winter. :D 

I am sort of thinking along the same lines. Never do today what you can put off till tomorrow.

• Alc and Cjet69 have said thanks

#17 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 7,611 Thanks
  • 5,521 posts

Posted November 28, 2016 - 07:57 AM

I am sort of thinking along the same lines. Never do today what you can put off till tomorrow.

Can you explain that to my wife :smilewink:  :smilewink:

• Alc and Cjet69 have said thanks

#18 John Arsenault ONLINE  

John Arsenault
  • Member No: 76279
  • 1,484 Thanks
  • 810 posts

Posted November 28, 2016 - 09:21 AM

I should have just bought the hood offered from poster here. This is just a bit tedious and I still need SS12 insert..... this only costs my time, hydro, firewood in stove

floorboard.JPG

69.jpg

I got this hood from a 69 

• Jazz and Cjet69 have said thanks

#19 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 12,971 Thanks
  • 9,525 posts

Posted December 02, 2016 - 09:07 AM

I got two front tires for my project GT a few weeks ago. Brand new take-offs, $40 shipped to my door. There are two new rear tires on rims on an auction that ends tomorrow night. If I can snag them for under $40, (shipping is $24) then I will have no excuses left. The rears are a big deal, they are 29x12x15's.

The fronts were 20x8x10's.

I am out of excuses, I got the rear tires for $90.

IMG_0859.JPG IMG_0860.JPG

They are as advertised, new take-offs. Not a scratch on the rims, nubs still on the tread. They are the same size as the the rears on my Simplicity 4041. The 4041 has R1's that hold air for about a week or two, and are maybe 50% at best. I will keep them for plowing, but I want turfs to cut grass or snow removal. (if I can find a plow or blower for it) The fronts are shot. Not real happy about having Chinese tires on the front, but the Onan needs some work, so we're keeping the costs down.

I will pull the rims and tires off this weekend and start painting. The rears will go to the local JD to get loaded with RimGard.

IMG_0020.JPG

Edited by Cat385B, December 02, 2016 - 09:12 AM.

• Bolens 1000 and KennyP have said thanks

#20 BTS OFFLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • Member No: 11851
  • 3,749 Thanks
  • 2,207 posts

Posted December 03, 2016 - 08:41 AM

I have a long list, I have a 30'X70' high tunnel (greenhouse) to put up, I also have a 20'X40' and 30'X40" hoop tarp buildings to put up, but before I can do any of those I need to do some modifying on my post hole auger so it fits the 3-pt on the back of my farmall 400. All of these buildings should of been up before winter, but things were busy in the fall and we didn't get around to it.

My first tractor project is putting a loader and backhoe on my Bolens G152, I also need to put a hydraulic pump on the bolens before I do anything.

I also need to get a rototiller running (it's been sitting a long time) before spring, I also need to put new bearings in a troybuilt horse and sell it in spring.

Once the backhoe is set up I need to run water and electric lines to the new buildings and also run some water lines to the high tunnels.

Once the shop is built, I need to put a clutch in my Farmall 400, I also need to put rings in the engine because it is starting to blow oil.

There is a lot more to do, no one probably wants to here it :thumbs:

• KennyP said thank you

#21 bbuckler ONLINE  

bbuckler
  • Member No: 59269
  • 2,855 Thanks
  • 2,535 posts

Posted December 03, 2016 - 12:30 PM

Ran low on funds since quitting the diesel shop so I probably will sell one of my garden tractors to fixed the other. Still need a engine for the tiller too.