#16 GTpicker01 OFFLINE  

GTpicker01

GT Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 42575
  • 590 Thanks
  • 537 posts

Posted January 05, 2017 - 01:53 PM

I really can't believe you haven't sold this yet!

• IHCubGuy said thank you

#17 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,404 Thanks
  • 1,503 posts

Posted January 05, 2017 - 08:12 PM

I really can't believe you haven't sold this yet!

Oh well it is what it is.  My one buddy told me if it's still here come spring he'll buy it for his son to put around on.

• GTpicker01 said thank you

#18 jpackard56 OFFLINE  

jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7225
  • 1,811 Thanks
  • 1,421 posts

Posted January 06, 2017 - 10:20 AM

Ya, it still invades my thoughts, but I'm still not back to work and it just eats away at me that it would cost me way more to get to that condition with one of my old clunkers...sheesh just check out my "O" transaxle cleaning posts, ya it is an "O" with some sentimental value to me and maybe I'm too fussy but even with help from friends on some of the parts I have close to $300 in the trans parts alone and its not even together yet!!

This is a running 73 ( supposedly one of the rarer Cubs ?) that looks respectable for petes-sake !

One of my son's was over that way just after Christmas and I was sorely tempted to make arrangements to have him pick that unit up ! but as momma pointed out the Dr's still need paid off and rightly so....

• limebuzz and IHCubGuy have said thanks

#19 nitro ONLINE  

nitro
  • Member No: 71342
  • 92 Thanks
  • 69 posts

Posted January 07, 2017 - 12:43 AM

That's a beautiful tractor and I considered it pretty hard for a second tractor but I have all wideframe stuff.  I hope it goes to a good home.

#20 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• 1,404 Thanks
  • 1,503 posts

Posted January 07, 2017 - 12:42 PM

I am good with it either way.  I really DIDN'T want to sell it.  My buddy is a stand up guy, if he say's he'll buy it in the spring then he means it.  I can play with it whenever I want to then.  If somebody else comes along between now and then and buys it so be it.  At this point though I am kinda hoping that my buddy does buy it but I will let it out there in the meantime.

#21 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• 1,404 Thanks
  • 1,503 posts

Posted January 07, 2017 - 12:47 PM

Ya, it still invades my thoughts, but I'm still not back to work and it just eats away at me that it would cost me way more to get to that condition with one of my old clunkers...sheesh just check out my "O" transaxle cleaning posts, ya it is an "O" with some sentimental value to me and maybe I'm too fussy but even with help from friends on some of the parts I have close to $300 in the trans parts alone and its not even together yet!!

This is a running 73 ( supposedly one of the rarer Cubs ?) that looks respectable for petes-sake !

It's FAR from perfect but like I said in the original post I think it would make a good lawn sweeper/lawn cart pulling tractor or maybe even a good plow tractor if it had a sleeve hitch put on it.  I can tell you I have over a grand in the thing and I'm still rally not satisfied with it.

• jpackard56 said thank you

#22 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• 1,404 Thanks
  • 1,503 posts

Posted January 21, 2017 - 02:01 PM

SOLD!

Thanks for looking and all the positive comments.

• limebuzz and KennyP have said thanks

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sold