Jazz
  • Member No: 62028
  • 1,861 Thanks
  • 1,182 posts

Posted November 14, 2016 - 01:52 PM

Boker Magnum

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_3180.JPG

Edited by Jazz, November 14, 2016 - 01:53 PM.

• boyscout862, LilysDad and oldedeeres have said thanks

#18 grnspot110 OFFLINE  

grnspot110

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 829
  • 3,846 Thanks
  • 2,544 posts

Posted November 14, 2016 - 05:19 PM

Electrician's knife, used to carry a 3-blade, but can't find them anymore! Picture 251.jpg    So it's the 2-blade version without the hawkbill blade now.

#19 ol' stonebreaker OFFLINE  

ol' stonebreaker
  • Validating
  • Member No: 12515
  • 1,684 Thanks
  • 1,148 posts

Posted November 14, 2016 - 05:56 PM

Guess I'm a little different. I carry a Stanley with the slide out razor blade and it has the pocket clip so I never have to dig for it, plus it never needs sharpening, just change the blade. I also carry the Leatherman vise grip style multitool which comes in handy quite often and it rides in a holster with a belt loop. Not long after I got it and without thinking I used the large flat tip screwdriver as a prybar and broke it because it's also a file. I called Leatherman and told them the problem, they said mail it in to them and they promptly sent a new one back. 

Mike

#20 TomLGT195 OFFLINE  

TomLGT195
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 29432
  • 3,264 Thanks
  • 2,522 posts

Posted November 14, 2016 - 06:36 PM

Kershaw "Scallion" in blue anodized finish. I lost a regular grey one on the job site on the (grey)carpet. So now I can find it if it accidentally falls or if someone else picks it up. Haven't seen another one like it yet. In person!!

IMG_2441-1.JPG

Weird , it rotated when it loaded. 

Edited by TomLGT195, November 14, 2016 - 06:40 PM.

#21 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 8,094 Thanks
  • 7,538 posts

Posted November 14, 2016 - 06:41 PM

Tried knives, but too big and never used much, even the small ones. I have since I worked in Hardware stores and shipping and such always just had one of those little metal box knives that look same as big ones, just tiny. I use it all the time for opening bags of food, shipped items, candy, strings, ropes and etc. About anything that needs a quick entry.  Can pick slivers and dirt from tight areas and many things, damn the safety of it. Fuel lines and hoses many years on anything running and even can cut off my own product at a store when purchasing it and they can't find a cutter for the product or know how to use it.  I DO like the metal ones over the plastic tho, the plastic don't make it. Change blades, no upkeep too.  I tried some of those all in one leatherman copies and such, but most of the junk on those is either in-adequate for any job or break/bend in first uses. I do have one in tool box and locker at work, just to be more "Manly" I guess, heh!

#22 KC9KAS ONLINE  

KC9KAS
  • Member No: 10038
  • 5,161 Thanks
  • 4,545 posts

Posted November 14, 2016 - 07:10 PM

My first day of kindergarten in 1956, I was sent to the prinicpals office for having a knife. He asked me why I had a knife. I replied(as Dad taught me) "a man allways carries a knife". Mr Leonard then quickly said to me "and he keeps it in his pocket. Get back to class". For 7 years, it was never a problem.

I learned at Scouts, the Army, and working construction, to carry a cheap knife for the people that had to borrow one. I also carry a good Camillus or Wenger scout type knife(it don't get loaned). The Leathermen that I carried were nice but too heavy. Good Luck, Rick

I was sent "to the office" in high school over a knife deal too.....It was a switch-blade. :wallbanging:

Really can't go into detail on a public forum!

Edited by KC9KAS, November 15, 2016 - 05:48 PM.

• ducky, boyscout862, LilysDad and 1 other said thanks

#23 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,616 Thanks
  • 6,430 posts

Posted November 14, 2016 - 08:14 PM

I carry a Buck 112 on my belt and a Buck 303 in my pocket.  I can hunt, fish and do anything around the house and I have all the knife I need.

• Delmar, boyscout862, LilysDad and 1 other said thanks

#24 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 38,021 Thanks
  • 30,441 posts

Posted November 14, 2016 - 08:15 PM

I have one good knife, a Case, but it never leaves the box it's in.....too nice to use.  I have a few cheap knives I leave where I need them, but all I use at work is a small retractable on my keychain for cutting sacks open at work.  Sometimes  I carry my multi-tool.

• boyscout862 and LilysDad have said thanks

#25 JBRamsey OFFLINE  

JBRamsey
  • Member No: 61995
  • 1,261 Thanks
  • 735 posts

Posted November 14, 2016 - 09:10 PM

I used to carry a Gerber LST all the time, then I switched to a Gerber Paraframe. For hunting I use Buck fixed blade knives. Now it's rare that I carry a pocket knife. I am on a plane almost every week and I don't want to forget that I have one on me and lose it at security.

I appreciate a nice knife, but to me, none are too nice to use. The Buck knives I use for hunting have cherry and rosewood handles. Nice knives for the money. I like Gerber's too but they are hard to get an edge on. When you do, they hold it forever especially if you touch it up with a ceramic stick when you use it.

I have a thing that I do to honor lost relatives--when one passes I buy a new knife and use it to dress a deer the next hunting season. Then I put it away. This started in 2001 when I was driving home from my grandmothers funeral. I was traveling alone and stopped in a hardware store known for its knife selection to stretch my legs and to get my mind clear. Ended up buying a knife and it started from there. Unfortunately my box of knives is growing all too fast in recent years.
  • MH81, Alc, Delmar and 5 others have said thanks

#26 FixItCharlie OFFLINE  

FixItCharlie
  • Member No: 47950
  • 458 Thanks
  • 307 posts

Posted November 14, 2016 - 09:41 PM

I carry a Gerber Multi-Plier. I like the handles on it better then the other Multi-Tool Knives. The one accessary that I use most would be the scissors.

Charlie

Edited by FixItCharlie, November 14, 2016 - 09:41 PM.

#27 Bob E OFFLINE  

Bob E
  • Member No: 85024
  • 78 Thanks
  • 60 posts

Posted November 15, 2016 - 09:49 AM

I have some knives I would like to show off, but these are what will likely be in my pocket. The keys go with me whenever I leave the house and I bring the folding box cutter if I expect I might need to cut stuff.

IMG_1760.JPG

#28 LilysDad OFFLINE  

LilysDad

Oh, shoot!!!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 11,788 Thanks
  • 8,917 posts

Posted November 15, 2016 - 09:52 AM

Should I start another thread for the show knives?

• daytime dave and boyscout862 have said thanks

#29 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 7,815 Thanks
  • 3,994 posts

Posted November 15, 2016 - 12:16 PM

Kershaw "Scallion" in blue anodized finish. I lost a regular grey one on the job site on the (grey)carpet. So now I can find it if it accidentally falls or if someone else picks it up. Haven't seen another one like it yet. In person!!
attachicon.gifIMG_2441-1.JPG
Weird , it rotated when it loaded.

This brings up something that has made me chuckle... why would you want a camo hunting knife? It's easy enough to put your regular knife down when field dressing and not find it. To go and deliberately make it hard to find? Just not in my program. Sure, they look cool, but I doubt if anyone has missed a shot because his knife was "safety orange"
  • grnspot110, KennyP, boyscout862 and 5 others have said thanks

#30 MGP59DB OFFLINE  

MGP59DB
  • Member No: 66960
  • 1,427 Thanks
  • 686 posts

Posted November 15, 2016 - 04:49 PM

I have a Barlow in my pocket , always . My good knife is a Case XX I got on board ship in the Navy 35 years ago and still have it.

I carry a cheap replaceable razor every day at work . The other 15-20 I have around here are just toys. I had a thing for very small folding knives for awhile.  

My favorite Knife is my 1894-1994 anniversary 30-30 Winchester - it cuts thru anything :D

Edited by MGP59DB, November 15, 2016 - 04:49 PM.

• KennyP, boyscout862, LilysDad and 1 other said thanks