Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Welcome to Garden Tractor Talk Forums

GTtalk is the place to go if you are a garden tractor collector or someone looking for information on your favorite tractor. We have interactive forums, registry, tractor / implement manuals, photo galleries, articles, show coverage, tech tips, how tos, classifieds and much more.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which provides limited access. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate with other members, vote on polls, upload images and attachments as well as many other special features. Registration is quick and easy and best of all completely free!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Photo
- - - - -

Tuff Torque Hydro Transmission Removal and Service Video

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Aussiedog OFFLINE  

Aussiedog

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3089
  • 54 Thanks
  • 55 posts

Posted May 30, 2011 - 11:41 PM

I needed to service my Tuff Torq K51A Hydro transmission and because I'm not a mechanic I went online to get advice. That's how I found and joined up with GTTalk last month. In my search I also found a very informative amatuer video that shows how to remove and service a Tuff Torque hydro transmission on a small lawn tractor.

Everything you need to diagnose and service your Tuff Torq transmission is available online (manuals, schematics, parts, manufacturer's advice, videos etc). A new transmissions costs $600+ dollars plus the shop labor to install it. This can easily add up to more than the average used tractor is worth. That is why most owners just give up and buy a new lawn tractor. But if you can service your own transmission for less than $100 in replacement parts you'll save money plus have the satisfaction of knowing you did it.

Following is a 2 part amatuer video from youtube showing the process involved:

Part 1 - Removal Process Video
YouTube - ‪punchyoureyehole

Part 2 - Service Process Video
http://www.youtube.com/user/punchyoureyehole#p/a/u/0/pL0B_1pqADo

Note - Most of you will not have to completely rebuild your transmission. Often times just filling and/or changing the transmission oil is all that is needed. In most cases you will still need to remove it to change the oil so the first video will be helpful. This is for a K46 transmission. Your transmission could be different but the intent is to show you the general process so that you can decide if you want to attempt this yourself.

Finally, this is an "amatuer video" and the person who put it online is not a professional transmission mechanic. He just wanted you to see what the process was and that it can be done at home . Anyone attempting this should first study and carefully research the full process ahead of time. Tuff Torq sells transmission service and repair kits plus provides free technical advice by phone and online.

Contact Tuff Torq Tech Rep. Derrick Dalton. He is very helpful and may be able to help you pinpoint the cause of your problem for your particular model transmission. Good luck!

Derrick Dalton, Technical Service Rep
Tuff Torq Corporation
After Market Services
6041 Hunter Road
Talbott,TN 37877
ddalton@tufftorq.com
Phone 423-585-1977
Fax 423-317-2312
Toll Free 866-572-3441

Tuff Torq Trouble Shooting Flow Chart
https://www.tufftorqservices.com/EnvEEdefault/FlatHTML/Troubleshooting/Diagnostic_Flowchart_EN_23DEC08.pdf

Company Website
www.tufftorq.com

Edited by Aussiedog, May 31, 2011 - 12:41 PM.
added footnotes

• KennyP said thank you

#2 Alc OFFLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 2,751 Thanks
  • 4,680 posts

Posted May 31, 2011 - 05:33 AM

This is the kind of things that makes this site so good , someone passing tips and info for the next guy !!!! Thanks Aussiedog, Al

#3 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 13,167 Thanks
  • 26,780 posts

Posted May 31, 2011 - 05:49 AM

This is the kind of things that makes this site so good , someone passing tips and info for the next guy !!!! Thanks Aussiedog, Al

I share your opinion, Al. Thank you, Aussiedog, for making this info available for others to use.