Question about a massey.

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 487
  • 108 Thanks
  • 215 posts

Posted May 31, 2011 - 08:31 AM

In the last two issues of the LAGC magazine there was a couple articles on these Massey's. You may want to try to get in touch with LAGC to see if you could get those two back issues. Also you may be able tho get in touch with the guy that wrote those articles to get more information. Hope this might help and good luck with your search.

#17 inkman232001 OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3783
  • 16 Thanks
  • 59 posts

Posted May 31, 2011 - 10:01 AM

Thank you all for the great welcome. Now to answer a few of the questions i got from you all. Under the decals its the yellow paint, so whoever painted it must have took there time and taped them off before painting. As for saving the mower deck, as far as I can tell there is not anything wrong with it. Its not frozen up and it moves freely and there are no holes in the deck. only thing i can see wrong with it is that the grass shoot is missing and was replaces with a piece of rubber. The bracket in the front of the tractor is still a mystery to me. I thought at first it was a weight holder, and im still leaning twoards that but it could be part of the hook up for the snow blower or snow blade, not sure yet. I did take the measurements of all the decals and close up pictures. A guy i know does the vinyl decals and all that and is going to see if he can make me a new set, if not I will send my business to olcowhand, I remember him from another site two years ago when I re-did my Allis Chalmers B-110. But in any case here is some more pictures for you all.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMAG0082.jpg
  • IMAG0087.jpg
  • IMAG0090.jpg
  • IMAG0084.jpg
  • IMAG0089.jpg
  • IMAG0080.jpg
  • IMAG0088.jpg
  • IMAG0083.jpg
  • IMAG0091.jpg
  • IMAG0081.jpg

#18 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,461 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted May 31, 2011 - 10:54 AM

Here is a picture of how they are supposed to look. I hope this helps you...Great save......

Posted Image

#19 inkman232001 OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3783
  • 16 Thanks
  • 59 posts

Posted May 31, 2011 - 12:29 PM

Thanks for the picture there, it will be some good reference. Well i just got done stripping the tractor down. The mower deck is in great shape, not a hole anywhere. Only bad thing i seen was the tag on the mower deck says moto-mower. Now i know this company also made the the massey tractor but not sure if they put the moto-mower deck on the masseys yet. I know ill have to fabricate a belt guard for the one side, but thats not a problem. Only problems i have (and I am hoping someone on here will be able to help with) is i need to find a steering wheel for this tractor and they originally came with a seat cover. So those are the two parts i need to find. Im an avid ebayer so if anyone know anywhere else i could find this parts that would be great.