• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 AnneDeb OFFLINE  

AnneDeb

• Member No: 3776
  • 0 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted May 30, 2011 - 01:25 PM

Hi everyone. We bought (what we were told) was an old TC20 that they had converted to 12V plus painted red and put the MF20 sticker on it. It used to be yellow. It has the Z134 753152 Continential engine in it. Serial # on the tractor plate says 9A I48I80. Under the seat is has 884 815 M2. It looks like a 135.

What model do we have? I double checked the serial numbers and the (i's) in the number are NOT #1's. at least they look like capital I's.

We are looking for a governor for it as it starts surging and cutting out when it gets hot. We were told by another Massey owner that that was his problem.

Any info and help from you guys would sure be appreciated.

Thanks
Debbie

#2 coldone OFFLINE  

coldone

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 839
  • 1,631 Thanks
  • 1,668 posts

Posted May 30, 2011 - 02:43 PM

If you substitue 1s for the "i"s then its a 67 MF 165. Here is a link to tractor data that should help.

TractorData.com Massey Ferguson 165 tractor information

#3 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted May 30, 2011 - 03:38 PM

Debbie,:welcometogttalk:

Glad to have you with us.

#4 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,218 Thanks
  • 28,589 posts

Posted May 31, 2011 - 07:28 AM

The 165's had a Perkins motor.

If you scratch down on the oil pan, what color is the bottom layer? If green, TO 35. If silver, mf35/135. If you find yellow, it's an industrial unit. Possibly one of the last of the work bull series.

Regardless, if it's a z134... The gov stuff will work pretty much across the board from any 134. IDT that you have a bad gov tho. My bet is coil or condenser. They will break down when hot and cause all kinds of problems. It could also be mixture. Too lean and the motor will get hotter than norm, causing power issues, and start showing more the hotter it gets.

Pics may help on what it is. If you post some, there are several guys here who play with these. One may be able to figure it out by sight.
I would buy a resistor coil, new point and condenser, new champion plugs (continentals love champions) and try it... It's stuff that probably needs done anyways.

Good luck and :welcometogttalk: