• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 princered72 OFFLINE  

princered72
  • Member No: 79383
  • 2 Thanks
  • 8 posts

Posted November 07, 2016 - 08:45 AM

I have a HT16 with a B&S engine.  40 inch snowblower and 42 inch mower deck.  I posted last year about hooking up the snowblower, which I got hooked up just in time for the big snow here in PA.  It worked great.  Now we went to start it and it was not getting any fuel.  I bought a carb rebuild kit with the fuel pump rebuild.

Now trying to get it back together.  I took some pictures when I took it apart but now cannot get them to open.

1.  The carb has 2 springs that attach to the governor, one larger and one smaller.  Can anyone tell me where or take a picture of where these hook to?  I believe I have the larger spring attached correctly but not sure where or how the smaller spring attaches.

2.  Also, I removed the engine covers to get to the carb and fuellines.  Now trying to get everything back together I am not sure where the negative battery cable attaches to on the engine.  I do not recall disconnecting anything from the engine so I am figuring it was attached under one of the covers which bolted to the engine block.

3.  I also have 2 terminals with black wires that appear to be ground wires also and are part of the wiring harness.  Do they attach to the same ground location?

Any pictures of any of these would be a tremendous help as the manuals do not go into great detail on this.  I have the service, parts and owners manual.  I will try to post some pictures when I get to a better computer and connection.

Thanks!!

#2 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8923
  • 12,137 Thanks
  • 8,864 posts

Posted November 07, 2016 - 09:57 AM

Download the right engine manual and it will show you all that you want to know. B & S published excellant manuals that I have used for 40 years. Sometimes a particular engine is not where you expect it. Use the engine model number to download the exact right manual. Good Luck, Rick

#3 princered72 OFFLINE  

princered72
  • 2 Thanks
  • 8 posts

Posted November 07, 2016 - 11:19 AM

I did download a manual based upon the engine number.  Even the carb rebuild kit had a manual number to download.  Still not very clear as to where the spring attaches for the governor and the wiring diagram is not very detailed unless I am missing something

My engine model number 402707

Type 014001

Code 83062912

Edited by princered72, November 07, 2016 - 01:05 PM.

#4 drbish ONLINE  

drbish

Collecter

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2544
  • 1,536 Thanks
  • 1,348 posts

Posted November 07, 2016 - 06:14 PM

Have you seen this

http://apache.ariens.../RM934-1983.pdf,service repair guide

electrical starts on page 14

Edited by drbish, November 07, 2016 - 06:15 PM.

• princered72 said thank you

#5 princered72 OFFLINE  

princered72
  • 2 Thanks
  • 8 posts

Posted November 08, 2016 - 09:00 AM

Yes I have this manual.  thank you.

#6 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6172
  • 4,969 Thanks
  • 5,025 posts

Posted November 09, 2016 - 07:21 AM

I can't offer very good advice since I am not familiar with B&S. Under a bolt for the tins seems like a logical spot for the ground, it's where I found mine. Verify the others are grounds by tracing or a meter. Should be ok to mount together.