• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Jazz ONLINE  

Jazz
  • Member No: 62028
  • 1,865 Thanks
  • 1,185 posts

Posted November 06, 2016 - 02:18 PM

I finally decided to upgrade. Significant increase in air flow Old style are .19" ID,, these high flow are .28" ID

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_3159.JPG

• Alc, Bruce Dorsi and boyscout862 have said thanks

#2 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 8,388 Thanks
  • 5,809 posts

Posted November 06, 2016 - 04:38 PM

Who handles NICO tools?  Never heard of that brand.

#3 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 34,233 Thanks
  • 43,350 posts

Posted November 06, 2016 - 04:48 PM

I've had major air leaks mixing brass and steel fittings. They put a bunch of male fittings in these packs, but not enough female!

#4 Jazz ONLINE  

Jazz
  • 1,865 Thanks
  • 1,185 posts

Posted November 06, 2016 - 05:19 PM

The coupler will still connect to your old smaller fittings which I did not expect so you don't have to break the bank right away. The extra volume is very noticeable.  I will only be changing the fittings on about 8 air tools. Mainly sandblast pot, impact gun, sanders.  The package was only $10, I grabbed 2 but will likely pick up a couple more packs. Yes mostly male fittings as most air tools require males.

NEIKO is available in the USA. I first saw the brand at swap meet in Minneapolis. Tooltown carries the brand in Canada.

Edited by Jazz, November 06, 2016 - 05:22 PM.

• Alc and KennyP have said thanks

#5 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 34,233 Thanks
  • 43,350 posts

Posted November 06, 2016 - 05:22 PM

The coupler will still connect to your old smaller fittings which I did not expect so you don't have to break the bank right away. The extra volume is very noticeable.  I will only be changing the fittings on about 8 air tools. Mainly sandblast pot, impact gun, sanders.  The package was only $10, I grabbed 2 but will likely pick up a couple more packs. Yes mostly male fittings as most air tools require males.

But I have about 8 hoses I use!

#6 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 1,884 Thanks
  • 2,496 posts

Posted November 06, 2016 - 06:32 PM

At one of my past jobs as an alignment guy, that place dealt with alot of semi and large tractor tires and they had Milton hi flow fittings I can't remember if it is P style or T style. I run them here at home. I was tired of having to swap fittings whenever I had to bring an air tool home from work to use here so I bought all the same fittings as work had.

That shop ran even bigger fittings on 2 lines dedicated for the 1" impacts we needed for semi truck lugs.

At the time I worked a 2nd job at a Sears auto center nights and weekends. I had air ratchets and impacts (of my own) at both places. I remember a time when I had to send my gun from my Sears box in for repair, and was carting my other gun from my day job back n forth, and had to swap fittings depending on which shop I was at at the time.  I had the biggest heaviest 1/2" drive impacts that Snap on sold at the time. Those guns are now about 15 years old, I still have (and use) both, daily.

Anyway, at that time I had to pull my day job high flow fitting and put the fitting that Sears used into my gun. Typically mine was the impact that everyone came to borrow when theirs would not do the job.  and I had a job at Sears that night, that my big heavy duty gun would not touch, knowing that I had just been doing much heavier work with that same tool  earlier in the day, and that same gun was breaking bigger fatter bolts loose without breaking a sweat, earlier in the day.... Sears actually ran higher line pressure in those days too. but it was the VOLUME with their teeny fittings that was lacking.  

and now a days,  working  as a wrench again, where I work,  they run puny Milton Type M (the "standard" fitting that most everyone runs) I run into the same thing..... my air guns seem to work better at home.

• Alc said thank you

#7 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 8,131 Thanks
  • 7,566 posts

Posted November 06, 2016 - 06:36 PM

Might have to look for something like that for my Sandblaster.  Most times bigger tips means bigger everywhere and needed to replace what I had. If these still work with others, might be neat to try.

#8 WrenchinOnIt OFFLINE  

WrenchinOnIt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8592
  • 3,320 Thanks
  • 906 posts

Posted November 06, 2016 - 08:33 PM

All I use, why wouldn't you want all the flow you can get , right. http://www.tptools.c...2.html?b=d*8095
  • Alc said thank you

#9 Jazz ONLINE  

Jazz
  • 1,865 Thanks
  • 1,185 posts

Posted November 07, 2016 - 12:10 AM

No doubt many guys have found they cannot get good atomization with HVLP spray guns and usually because they are not getting sufficient air VOLUME. If volume not sufficient the spray will initially be fine for about 20 seconds and then lack of air volume will make for poor atomization and create a rough finish. Many HVLP guns require more CFM than the average hobbiest compressor produces

Milton brand high volume air line fittings were carried at Tooltown previously. Would not be surprised if Milton are rebranded Neiko as they are priced the same

Edited by Jazz, November 07, 2016 - 12:21 AM.

• Alc said thank you