Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Matching different 620 snow thrower types to production ranges of MF-12 (and MF-10) tractors

massey ferguson snowblower snowthrower snow blower thrower mf-mf12 mf-10 620

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 SuperMowtard OFFLINE  

SuperMowtard
  • Member No: 85065
  • 7 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted November 02, 2016 - 12:32 PM

I just acquired a Massey Ferguson MF-12 garden tractor.  I've located a model 620 snow thrower for it, but I'm aware that there are different styles and I have no idea which style is the correct fit for my tractor. 

There was a similar discussion about the model 720 blower on this forum and someone produced some MF literature illustrating the different styles of 720 blower and the corresponding serial # ranges of the tractors corresponding to each style.  I'm hoping someone can provide similar information for the 620 blower and MF-12. 

It seems this topic has come up before, but I've searched the forum and it appears that there haven't been any concrete answers given yet.  It's generally understood that there are three types -- Type 1, Type 2, Type 3 / early, middle, late -- but nobody has put forth information regarding the serial # thresholds or other indicators separating the tractors that use each type. 

Here is a list of the type of information that I think will be most helpful in solving this mystery for me and others down the road. 

1)  Parts list/manual/book for the MF-12.  I've searched the forum library and downloaded everything pertaining to the MF-12 and 620, but there doesn't seem to be a parts manual for the 12.  Can someone provide a parts list for the MF-12?  There is a parts book for the MF-10, but the serial numbers don't seem to apply to the 12, so it's not much use for MF-12 users trying to choose the right snow blower or other attachment. 

2)  Is there any crossover?  Are there ranges of tractors that can use more than one style of 620? 

3)  Serial number ranges of tractors.  Does anyone have a list of the serial number ranges that each style of 620 snow thrower corresponds to? 

4)  Being the latest version, I have wondered if the Type 3 is strictly for the "Variable Speed" MF-12 and MF-10 tractors, and not for the hydrostatic "Hydra Speed" units.  Is this the case, or is there no connection between blower type and driveline?

My tractor's serial number is 1446 512 725.  I'm happy to send pictures of any mounting points on the frame if it will help determine which blower type I need.  Just let me know where I need to point my camera! 

I'm hoping we can get some very broad but detailed answers to this question, so this thread will be helpful to all MF-10 and MF-12 owners and not just my specific case. 

Thanks to everyone in advance! 

• TomLGT195, Genem and propane1 have said thanks

#2 TomLGT195 OFFLINE  

TomLGT195
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 29432
  • 3,261 Thanks
  • 2,522 posts

Posted November 02, 2016 - 04:18 PM

:welcometogttalk:  Someone should be along with knowledge in that area to help you out. Good luck!

#3 DH1 OFFLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,998 Thanks
  • 5,456 posts

Posted November 02, 2016 - 04:52 PM

Any MF620 snow thrower will fit any MF10 or MF12, Hydro or Gear drive.

!st version of the snow thrower was mounted to the front bumper, drive belt came from the crank and went forward.

2nd version is very similar but mounts to a small bracket under the frame, drive belt runs the same way. I believe they did this to move the snow thrower closer to the front of the tractor so it didn't stick out so far.

3rd version is completely different, mounts to an big under carriage that is attached under the tractor, the drive belt comes off the same pulley underneath the tractor that drives the mower deck.

Which ever one you get make sure you get everything for it, all the brackets, and hardware needed to mount it.

Otherwise it's going to be a big headache.

• DMAX, limebuzz, MH81 and 3 others have said thanks

#4 crittersf1 OFFLINE  

crittersf1

GT Lunatic

• Member No: 26142
  • 4,191 Thanks
  • 5,786 posts

Posted November 03, 2016 - 09:31 AM

:welcometogttalk: :camera: I believe your question has been answered

#5 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 29,886 Thanks
  • 29,722 posts

Posted November 04, 2016 - 06:02 AM

If you look at the last page of MF manuals from that era, you will find a date.
It's at least a starting point.

#6 SuperMowtard OFFLINE  

SuperMowtard
  • Member No: 85065
  • 7 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted November 10, 2016 - 02:00 PM

Thanks to everyone, especially DH1. 

That was a much simpler answer than I was expecting.  I assumed that since there were so many variations of the 720 with specific compatibility requirements for the serial number the tractor must bear that the same went for the 620. 

The snow blower has been secured.  It's the Type II.  All the brackets, controls and linkages appear to be present.  Some appear to be home-made, or they may have just been repaired or modded, but I should have everything I need. 

I'll be back with more after I get it mounted, or if I run into trouble trying to mount it. 

Thanks again!

• DH1, limebuzz and MH81 have said thanks

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: massey ferguson, snowblower, snowthrower, snow, blower, thrower, mf-mf12, mf-10, 620