• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 djordje33 OFFLINE  

djordje33
  • Member No: 62653
  • 20 Thanks
  • 46 posts

Posted October 24, 2016 - 06:49 AM

Just finished up overhauling a bagger vac attachment I received with one of my tractors. Runs great, but I chewed up my new belt on it's debut voyage. Four pulleys on this system and I have the problem narrowed down to the idler bracket which has the spring attached. The bracket itself consists of two pieces of flat stock and those are welded to a bushing. The bushing is so worn out that the spring tension causes the bracket to twist, rather than pivot on the mounting bolt. Since this was an abused piece of equipment I received in a package, and the bracket had a bend in it when received, I would appreciate some confirmation on how the bracket is supposed to look. Are the long arms totally straight, or is there an offset bend on the leg which has the idler pulley mounted? This bracket is NLA and I have two choices: rework this bracket or have some stock laser cut and welded together with a new bushing.  

#2 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 11,436 Thanks
  • 8,469 posts

Posted October 24, 2016 - 07:10 AM

Just replace the bushing and bolt. Usually, I bore out the old one and slide a new one in. For custom bushings, copper pipe or brass fittings work great. Good Luck, Rick

#3 chieffan OFFLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 8,398 Thanks
  • 5,810 posts

Posted October 24, 2016 - 07:16 AM

:ditto:       And don't forget to grease it good going back together.

#4 djordje33 OFFLINE  

djordje33
  • Member No: 62653
  • 20 Thanks
  • 46 posts

Posted October 24, 2016 - 08:19 AM

Have a new bushing, but the weldment arm sleeve is worn out bad and that allows the arm to cock sideways rather than just pivot. May have to drill out some stock on the bracket sleeve and press in some new material. 

Also, does the long arm with the idler pulley have a bend in it? It was bent when I disassembled this unit to replace the bearings and paint, but I assumed it was just beaten up like everything else I received in this package. A bend would make sense, as it would lessen the belt twist going up to the drive pulley.