• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 blue88s2003 OFFLINE  

blue88s2003

• Member No: 2739
  • 0 Thanks
  • 20 posts

Posted May 29, 2011 - 01:38 PM

well i got this pump from a guy in oklahoma and he says it was working for sure.put it on,same thing.hardly move.so,dad blocked off the pressure side of the pump,tried to turn the engine over and it locked it.so,that means lots of pressure on that pump.in those diagram books,shows pressure spring in both spools.now,some diagrams are a little different but dad said there is no spring there.so,we are currently looking at this valve.i remember last year i took the valve apart and the spring and ball looked like it was out of place.we put it back in order like the diagram,but dad says its not there now.we are loo,king at this valve carefully and suspiciously,did i spell that correctly?

#2 blue88s2003 OFFLINE  

blue88s2003

• 0 Thanks
  • 20 posts

Posted May 30, 2011 - 04:31 PM

the pressure spring was sideways in the d.c.v most likely from me trying to adjust the valve when that second pump i put on there was no good.then the pressure of the "good" pump must have forced the spring and keeper off its seat.so originally it was a bad pump and then after i put the good one,the d.c.v spring.book says 1000 lbs,so we will be putting a guage on it for sure now and adjust it.

#3 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,657 Thanks
  • 29,842 posts

Posted May 30, 2011 - 06:47 PM

Hope she powers on fine.

#4 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,339 Thanks
  • 28,646 posts

Posted May 30, 2011 - 09:28 PM

Glad you found the problem(s). Isn't it funny how one problem can cause another?

Good catch, good news on it surviving.

#5 blue88s2003 OFFLINE  

blue88s2003

• 0 Thanks
  • 20 posts

Posted May 31, 2011 - 01:30 PM

yes,thanks.i have worked mostly on motorcycles and built somre engines when i raced street stock up here.its true,always one problem leads to another problem.example..right piston burns out in a twin snowmobile 2 stroke.why? cause the right crank seal sucked air.why,cause the seal blew cause ignition was out causing engine to back fire a while ago.why?i dont know..dont ask me no more questions...Ron

#6 blue88s2003 OFFLINE  

blue88s2003

• 0 Thanks
  • 20 posts

Posted May 31, 2011 - 01:32 PM

too much power i think.when i started it up and moved the lever,that thing quickly darted ahead.and the motor was just past idle.so book say 1000lbs setting which we will adjust.dont want to crack the pump or blow oil everywhere out.