Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Maybe A Way to Make Progress

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,971 Thanks
  • 8,664 posts

Posted October 25, 2016 - 10:10 AM

I haven't been able to find any 5 gallon steel buckets. I set up a 5 gallon plastic bucket but, they just climb out. I may have to sacrifice a big old pot. Please post a pic of your design. Good Luck, Rick

I use plastic buckets and they work quite well.  Did you put about 1/4 full of water in the bottom of the bucket?  

• boyscout862 said thank you

#17 boyscout862 OFFLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 11,436 Thanks
  • 8,469 posts

Posted October 25, 2016 - 11:38 AM

I use plastic buckets and they work quite well.  Did you put about 1/4 full of water in the bottom of the bucket?  

No, there is a crack in it. I'll duct tape it and try again. Maybe a little soap in the water too. The tent garage went to the first caller. Good Luck, Rick

• HDWildBill said thank you

#18 DougT OFFLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 6,569 Thanks
  • 4,743 posts

Posted October 26, 2016 - 06:29 AM

Rick, what do you search for to find these tent garages? Seems like all I find are garage sales or pop up canopies. Maybe there aren't many good used deals in my area.

#19 boyscout862 OFFLINE  

boyscout862
  • 11,436 Thanks
  • 8,469 posts

Posted October 29, 2016 - 06:55 AM

Rick, what do you search for to find these tent garages? Seems like all I find are garage sales or pop up canopies. Maybe there aren't many good used deals in my area.

They come up on CL in "Farm and Garden" , "Free", and "General". One freebie this year, I went up to the owner of one that was overgrown. He was happy for me to take it away. I even cleanned up the rotted cover. They come up occassionally and you just have to be on it quick. Good Luck, Rick

I find in many cases that the owner realizes that a complete new one, on sale, is cheaper than replacement canvas.

Edited by boyscout862, October 29, 2016 - 07:09 AM.

• DougT said thank you

#20 boyscout862 OFFLINE  

boyscout862
  • 11,436 Thanks
  • 8,469 posts

Posted November 24, 2016 - 12:33 AM

Just looked at the Tractor Supply Co. sale flyer. There is a nice 8' x 20' garage in a box on sale for $299. I may go for it. Good Luck, Rick

#21 Jazz ONLINE  

Jazz
  • Member No: 62028
  • 1,865 Thanks
  • 1,185 posts

Posted November 25, 2016 - 01:31 PM

If you are going to use a portable shelter put heavy poly on the ground as a vapour barrier to keep frost out and your tools etc from rusting. The inside temperature of the dark brown shelters  can climb 20 degrees warmer than outside temps under direct sunlight creating serious frost inside unless vapour barrier is used. If you wanted to use concrete blankets I would drape them over frame before hanging cover

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_2929.JPG

• Sawdust said thank you