Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Do you find yourself with too many irons in the fire also?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 JBRamsey ONLINE  

JBRamsey
  • Member No: 61995
  • 1,267 Thanks
  • 738 posts

Posted October 23, 2016 - 01:01 PM

Do an honest evaluation of what you want to do with each of therm, what needs to be done to them and how much time and money it will take to get them to where you want.

Then do more self analysis and decide if you really want or need all of them. Mak moves accordingly. Sell what you don't really want or need.

Then start the easy project first. Make a list for it. Cross it off as you go so you can see some progress. When it's finished move to the next one.

Don't take anything else apart before getting into another one.
  • boyscout862, Bmerf and Tecumseh power have said thanks

#17 oldedeeres ONLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 7,865 Thanks
  • 4,016 posts

Posted October 23, 2016 - 01:09 PM

There's that fine line again, the one that goes between collecting and hoarding. The road to one of them is paved with good intentions, and I'm well on my way down it. I now have four J.D.s, two in good (well, one of them is) condition, and two that really need a lot of work. You all know how mechanically inclined I am, but I do want to get to working on them, "in my spare time". Next year country is pretty much where I live.   :deadhorse:

• KennyP, Bmerf and Tecumseh power have said thanks

#18 Tecumseh power OFFLINE  

Tecumseh power

Jack of all trades, master of none.

• Member No: 77571
  • 1,420 Thanks
  • 1,082 posts

Posted October 23, 2016 - 06:33 PM

Time to step back, take a look, decide you are going wrong way, set a few special projects to do, LOSE the rest!  You have to change your ways, start only things that will be finished, sell them off and work on next one. Pick a couple to keep, get rid of rest.  STOP hording, going to sales, dragging more home, just STOP!  Decide you are done, and BE Done!  Simple!  

Myself, never finish things at one time. I go slow, have many projects at one time, work on some as I go,, and go slow.  Just say your DONE, and finish up, be happy!  :smilewink:

It was my paps it was his service truck at a gas station. I'm the second owner. It is in very good shape and still runs good. It has the flat 6. I have a 302 but I may keep the 6 in it. I'm just going to do a restore not build a rod out of it. I will get you more pics. I have the bed off it now. I'm working on the bed. I have a 70 camaro Rs also to do I have on a rotisserie. That was my dads

post-77571-0-60924400-1477265569.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• 20160418_115939.jpg

Edited by KennyP, October 26, 2016 - 12:00 PM.
Rotate Pic

• Gtractor, limebuzz, KennyP and 2 others have said thanks

#19 Tecumseh power OFFLINE  

Tecumseh power

Jack of all trades, master of none.

• Member No: 77571
  • 1,420 Thanks
  • 1,082 posts

Posted October 23, 2016 - 06:35 PM

Grumpy, it quoted the wrong text. But you know what you asked anyway.

#20 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 8,151 Thanks
  • 7,587 posts

Posted October 23, 2016 - 08:08 PM

Yeah, looks pretty good, not all rust and not hacked up yet by rodders. I like original, but usually played with 48 to 54 Chevy's. Did have a few BIG farm trucks in the F-600 size and drove a few years. Had a real nice 54 Chevy 2-ton, should have kept it. I drove that about 10yrs and hauled and dumped plenty of stone and tractors and other things with it.

• Tecumseh power said thank you

#21 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 11,458 Thanks
  • 8,478 posts

Posted October 24, 2016 - 08:00 PM

It was my paps it was his service truck at a gas station. I'm the second owner. It is in very good shape and still runs good. It has the flat 6. I have a 302 but I may keep the 6 in it. I'm just going to do a restore not build a rod out of it. I will get you more pics. I have the bed off it now. I'm working on the bed. I have a 70 camaro Rs also to do I have on a rotisserie. That was my dads

Do a restore. You want it the way you remember it. Good Luck, Rick

• MFDAC and Tecumseh power have said thanks

#22 MFDAC ONLINE  

MFDAC

Only member from Western South Dakota!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5815
  • 2,791 Thanks
  • 1,423 posts

Posted October 24, 2016 - 08:11 PM

That's a cool truck And I would dig seeing the Camaro too. There's a thread for those kind of projects in the other hobbies and toys section. I know about too many irons in the fire also, mainly with old family trucks.

I would keep the vehicles as close to the way as your Dad drove them as possible. My Mom's '70 GMC is staying the way she drove it except for tires/rims and seats.

I'm trying to get a space made to get the MF8E out of the shed and back into the shop yet this fall. It needs carb, throttle/choke cable work and it has a right transaxle seal leaking. The MF12G is the primary mowing/snow removal tractor now so the 8E is becoming a toy I guess.

DAC

Edited by MFDAC, October 24, 2016 - 08:18 PM.

• boyscout862 and Tecumseh power have said thanks