• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 TravelinJavelin OFFLINE  

TravelinJavelin
  • Member No: 84768
  • 125 Thanks
  • 218 posts

Posted October 22, 2016 - 01:31 PM

I was going through all through the bolens models made there the other night and looking for anyone that's owned one and has detailed pics of one espeacially under the hood where they sported a k-341 kohler under the hood I think i'm going to try to find one of these if  I can really like them

#2 wurzel OFFLINE  

wurzel
  • Member No: 78672
  • 120 Thanks
  • 104 posts

Posted October 22, 2016 - 01:53 PM

video on youtube

• TravelinJavelin said thank you

#3 TravelinJavelin OFFLINE  

TravelinJavelin
  • 125 Thanks
  • 218 posts

Posted October 22, 2016 - 02:09 PM

awesome love that kohler power!

#4 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 8,503 Thanks
  • 7,856 posts

Posted October 22, 2016 - 06:50 PM

I have QT16, but Onan. How much diff are they really?  I need to put in a gov on my engine I guess, otherwise works and drives. I see these around at shows or swaps at times.

#5 TravelinJavelin OFFLINE  

TravelinJavelin
  • 125 Thanks
  • 218 posts

Posted October 23, 2016 - 01:46 PM

I just like the idea of the k341 kohler engine seems like anything is available for it without to much expense that and low end grunt

#6 veizter OFFLINE  

veizter
  • Member No: 84893
  • 14 Thanks
  • 21 posts

Posted October 23, 2016 - 07:18 PM

I just fixed up  a qt16  for snowblowing this winter . I repowered it with a used kohler commander 18hp v twin . this tractor runs great . I have had bolens H 14's for years , thought I would go  alittle bigger . snowblowers and tillers are hard to find for them, but I found one of each , I can't wait to see how it handles the snow . I had a little trouble finding the push arm for the blower , then trying to find the arms that pick up the pusharm . I ended making my own setup,  by mounting a pulley on each side and using a 3/16 cable to pick up the pusharm . great setup .

#7 TravelinJavelin OFFLINE  

TravelinJavelin
  • 125 Thanks
  • 218 posts

Posted October 24, 2016 - 07:04 PM

hello there Veitzer did it mount right up and did you have to use different pulleys? just curious?

#8 veizter OFFLINE  

veizter
  • Member No: 84893
  • 14 Thanks
  • 21 posts

Posted October 24, 2016 - 08:55 PM

well , it was a used engine . I had to buy a stub shaft for it , and a new electric clutch . the engine sits around an inch higher than the onan did . the height didn't hurt anything, other than needing a different set of pto belts . the engine sits right in, you need to line it up and drill new mounting holes .the stub shaft I had needed to be machined to fit .The original clutch was pretty beat up  .  I just got my new clutch today , it's a warner 5218-26 . the pulley is 4 3/4 OD . The original pulley was 4" OD . that's as close I could come to the original size . I still need to get new belts , but I need to put the clutch on and figure out what size I need . All in all I ended up with a pretty nice tractor . the kohler engine is pretty quite .