FirefyterEmt

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 610
  • 425 Thanks
  • 849 posts

Posted May 29, 2011 - 07:56 AM

This is my first year having a lawn sweeper, and it's great for the garden as mulch, or for the compost pile. However, to mow and sweep takes me about 3 hours! I need to either get my son's little MF-8 running, or swap in one of those 6.5 HF motors. THEN I can have him follow behind me, one pass to my right and pick up after me. Sounds like a win-win for both of us. He would be tickled pink to get that much seat time and really be doing something! Plus, it would be pretty cool to have a Massey congo line!

#2 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,320 Thanks
  • 28,640 posts

Posted May 29, 2011 - 08:00 AM

What's wrong with the 8? Those were pretty decent engines all in all.

Where's the pics? :D

#3 Encrypt OFFLINE  

Encrypt

• Contributor
  • Member No: 502
  • 9 Thanks
  • 89 posts

Posted May 29, 2011 - 08:12 AM

That would sound really nice. I remember when I was younger I couldn't wait to get over and cut my grandpa's lawn. On an old Craftman he had. Yeah what's wrong with the 8?

#4 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted May 29, 2011 - 08:24 AM

That would be great Lee to get him involved. You could even do one of the China diesels too if you wanted to.

#5 FirefyterEmt OFFLINE  

FirefyterEmt

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 610
  • 425 Thanks
  • 849 posts

Posted May 29, 2011 - 10:19 PM

The MF8 was my first "real tractor" before I bought the 12g and I kinda "gave" it to my youngest son. I have to try to recover some data off my old hard drive from a failed computer to get the photos.

The motor is a replacement snow blower 6hp and runs pretty rough. The carb needs a full rebuild, the gas tank is all hacked into place and the muffler is shot. For about $100, it's almost the same to make this motor run decent. Plus, the old one burns a little oil and is just tired. I may try to get it running better for now though. He found out my plan and dug it out of my storage shed and did get it running for a lap around the house before it stalled and would not re-start.

I do have a photo up on facebook of her though.
https://www.facebook...&type=1

Posted Image