#1 WrenchinOnIt OFFLINE  

WrenchinOnIt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8592
  • 3,320 Thanks
  • 906 posts

Posted October 21, 2016 - 09:45 PM

Own a Simplicity Legacy XL 4wd w/FEL which I really like. My landscaping project this summer had it hauling close to 40 tons of stone and I put 40 hrs on it doing so. It preformed flawlessly. However do to operator error I blew a front tire with a load of rock in the bucket and rolled the tire off the rim , bending the rim, beat the rim to a resemblance of its former self ,tubed it got a couple more loaded trips and it blew the tube. Further investigation led to the discovery I had damaged the bead and the tire was moving around on the rim. Now the frustration. I made the mistake of going to their online store looking for a new rim, I had found the best price on the Carlisle Field Trax tire on Amazon and purchased it, have a decent tire mounting machine so I figured I'd be back in business with everything delivered to the front door.I look my model up, their site is very descriptive to model specific I found my rim (or so I thought) and placed my order. Box comes, looks small and indeed it is, it's housing an eight inch wheel not a ten, countless telephone calls to the "customer service" netted nothing but hold time and message after message how they were all busy helping other customers and I should go on line, send an email and they would respond, so I did and they did, we played this charade for several email responses ending with a zero net of a wheel that fit and a higher blood pressure rate for me. Off to a dealer,same rag " yup that's the right wheel" WTF ! So I have to bring old wheel in, show them the new wrong wheel, " Humpf" " guess your right " FINALLY the distributor says " Oh you have the Field Trax tire yea that's a 10" wheel, you have to buy the wheel with the tire ( a Field Trax) already mounted, me: "really ? your kidding?", them " not", so two plus Franklin's later ,me already owning a replacement Field Trax ( only part or story that worked) the rim and tire show up,it sporting a Kenda Terra Trac tire, close but not a match " oh must be they don't use Carlisle anymore"..... So I should of went to the dealer first, although they said based on their website they would of got the wrong wheel as well, something that could and should of been relatively 'simple' turned into several trips and a PITA. Information for any that own the same and may be in the need as I was..... Simplicity has dropped a notch or two for me.
  • Bolens 1000, MH81, Alc and 3 others have said thanks

#2 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 12,969 Thanks
  • 9,524 posts

Posted October 21, 2016 - 10:18 PM

Their customer service has been on a severe downhill slide for a while now. They won't be a company much longer the way they are running things.

• MH81, WrenchinOnIt and boyscout862 have said thanks