• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 tjbindy OFFLINE  

tjbindy
  • Member No: 70707
  • 86 Thanks
  • 61 posts

Posted October 21, 2016 - 12:23 PM

Looking for a Plow to put on my MF1450.  Can't say that I necessarily need one; but I can find several uses for one . . .. .plus ...... who doesn't want all the implements they can get for their GT !!

Anyway, I thinking that a single bottom plow is probably about the limit for my MF1450 with turf tires and even with that I might need to use my chains.  Am I being too conservative?  Would a 2 bottom plow be OK?

Question 2 . . ..  I have found several plows that have the cutting wheel way up next to the pins for the 3 point hitch.  Does it make a difference if they plow is super short, or if it extends a bit behind the tractor?

I have found some good priced Brinley plows for a Sleeve Hitch that I have thought about getting then converting for my 3 point hitch.... but have also found a Sears Plow that has the 3 point hitch but the cutting wheel would be way up close to the back of the tractor.

Brinley.jpg Sears Plow.jpg

#2 TomLGT195 OFFLINE  

TomLGT195
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 29432
  • 3,476 Thanks
  • 2,671 posts

Posted October 21, 2016 - 12:39 PM

Not sure about single  versus the double, but most garden tractors only pull a single. The Sears is designed specifically for early model sears, they have their own 3pt setup. The coulter wheel just needs to be in front to cut the sod so the blade can roll it over neatly.  

Does your tractor have a sleeve hitch ( style of plow in first pic) or a 3pt ( similar to the style of second pic)

There are plenty guys more knowledgable that can fill you in on all things I missed and or correct me on what I've already said.

Good Luck Tom

• jpackard56 and boyscout862 have said thanks

#3 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,510 Thanks
  • 2,424 posts

Posted October 21, 2016 - 12:39 PM

A single bottom plow is about all these little tractors can handle.  I don't think the length of the plow would make much difference.

• boyscout862 said thank you

#4 tjbindy OFFLINE  

tjbindy
  • Member No: 70707
  • 86 Thanks
  • 61 posts

Posted October 21, 2016 - 01:05 PM

My tractor is 3 point hitch.  I saw a post in the Implements forum about how to convert a sleeve hitch implement for 3 point hitch.  Looks like some work, but not terribly bad.

#5 dropped82 ONLINE  

dropped82

Nut Case

• Member No: 9923
  • 2,160 Thanks
  • 1,649 posts

Posted October 21, 2016 - 02:31 PM

Your 1450 is a cat 0 3 point. You have a few choices. The no brainer is a Brinly 12" 3 point. This the direct fit. Sears also had one and Deere even had one. All a little different but all made by Brinly IIRC. Your other option is to get a sleeve hitch adapter and run a sleeve hitch style. They can be had in 8, 10, or 12". You would be fine with any of them. The 10 is the most common and usually the cheapest. Brinly is the main brand here also. Heck you can even buy a new 10" Brinly. Watch clist for them. They pop up quite often around here. We are in the same area so I'll shoot you a message if I see a good one. I'm always looking. I would stay away from anything cat 1 and up. Most are 14" and might be a little too much. Plus you'll have to modify it to fit the cat 0 arms.

Eric

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Edited by dropped82, October 21, 2016 - 02:39 PM.

• jpackard56 and KC9KAS have said thanks

#6 mac102004 ONLINE  

mac102004

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1420
  • 291 Thanks
  • 371 posts

Posted October 22, 2016 - 04:32 PM

I believe you can buy the 3pt hitch mounts for the sleeve hitch Brinly plough also, so if you find a sleeve hitch one for cheap that may be an option. The plough for the Sears Suburbans are too small, they are a 3pt style but are sub-cat 0. They may have had a true cat 0 later on when then FF tractors were produced. But I really have no idea. 

1 bottom is all they will suffer. Heck, I only pull a 3 bottom with my 85hp farm tractor...

#7 dropped82 ONLINE  

dropped82

Nut Case

• Member No: 9923
  • 2,160 Thanks
  • 1,649 posts

Posted October 23, 2016 - 02:23 PM

Olcowhand on here, Daniel, has a Sears made plow IIRC. It was made for the larger FF machines that had a true Cat. 0. It has a tubular 3 point frame as opposed to the square and flat stock one on the Brinly versions.

Eric

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk