139 replies to this topic

#16 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,493 Thanks
  • 1,570 posts

Posted October 25, 2016 - 08:01 PM

Thanks guys for the help guiding Ryan in the right direction.The original build was over at the other place...but all the good stuff is here.Kenny and Dan pulled me over,(thanks guys your like brothers) Any ways search for my threads there are many on my lgt.
Right now I'm consumed with my new toy getting little silly issues sorted. I didnt realize how much I missed playing with big tractors and auxiliary hydraulics...I'm in heaven right now.. But i also love helping others so Ryan, lets get that diesel out of that welder and hanging over the frame of that Ford lgt!
Here are a few good reads..
http://gardentractor...hitch-by-keith/
 http://gardentractor.../5032-skyrydr2/
And a shot of my big tractor and the second one is what it will look like when finished.

Is that a 1594?  I cannot make out the number on it.

#17 skyrydr2 OFFLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,856 Thanks
  • 3,395 posts

Posted October 27, 2016 - 09:19 AM

Is that a 1594?  I cannot make out the
number on it.

Yes it is.

#18 IHCubGuy OFFLINE  

IHCubGuy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3438
  • 1,493 Thanks
  • 1,570 posts

Posted October 27, 2016 - 02:54 PM

Good luck with it.  I have run a later model one of those with front wheel assist.  Didn't use it long enough to form an opinion good or bad on it.  Local guy here that is BIG TIME into Case's and he hates those David Brown models.  

We owned this one for about 10 to 15 years up till 2005. Was a good tractor and I was sad to see it go.  A 78 model year 1270 Agri King.

Attached Thumbnails

• 1270.jpg

#19 skyrydr2 OFFLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,856 Thanks
  • 3,395 posts

Posted October 28, 2016 - 10:31 AM

Its a good sized tractor for NewEngland as most all the fields have stone walls with narrow bar ways. And lots of hills so a small tractor with big power really works good. This is why there are so danged many Ford 600-800s here.
You would never see anything as big as yours here.

#20 pryan05 OFFLINE  

pryan05

LGT

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 84973
  • 578 Thanks
  • 323 posts

Posted October 28, 2016 - 06:22 PM

So the motor is in and coupled.  

Engine coupled to check alignment.
I had to add 3/8" spacers between the front axle cross member
spacers added for oil pan

Now to build the motor mounts..  The steel is cut I just have to go do it.

The next question is  what radiator to use?  Anybody have any ideas?  I need something that is 15" x 15"

#21 Cvans OFFLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 6,185 Thanks
  • 5,948 posts

Posted October 28, 2016 - 09:04 PM

This is probably about as small as your going to get and still have enough cooling. Looks like it should fit.

http://www.ebay.com/...ClXxn8F&vxp=mtr

• pryan05 said thank you

#22 miller_time ONLINE  

miller_time
  • Member No: 65621
  • 31 Thanks
  • 46 posts

Posted October 29, 2016 - 01:50 PM

I put the same engine in my john deere 420. You will love it when done. I got an adapter off of a Jacobson mower that bolted to the flywheel and was 1 1/4 with a keyway. It was around $90 new.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
  • pryan05 said thank you

#23 pryan05 OFFLINE  

pryan05

LGT

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 578 Thanks
  • 323 posts

Posted October 29, 2016 - 04:44 PM

I put the same engine in my john deere 420. You will love it when done. I got an adapter off of a Jacobson mower that bolted to the flywheel and was 1 1/4 with a keyway. It was around $90 new.

Thank you..  I think i'm going to get one made because my double sheave PTO from the LGT is 1 1/8" shaft.  Depends on the price the machine shop gives me.  If it is too pricey maybe I'll go that route.   I'll get back to you for part numbers if needed.  In the meantime I ordered a radiator for a mini cooper.   37 working day delivery that will give me time to figure out the air cleaner do do electrical and maybe start fabricating the fuel tank.   The motor mounts are welded and the paint is drying. The motor is to come out to be cleaned up and painted. 

Edited by pryan05, October 29, 2016 - 04:58 PM.

#24 pryan05 OFFLINE  

pryan05

LGT

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 578 Thanks
  • 323 posts

Posted October 29, 2016 - 05:19 PM

Here are the motor cradles that I fabricated 
motor cradle

cradle shown in position
It should look better when the kubota is cleaned up and painted

• Alc said thank you

#25 miller_time ONLINE  

miller_time
  • Member No: 65621
  • 31 Thanks
  • 46 posts

Posted October 29, 2016 - 05:54 PM

Looking good. If you search part # 824637 on ebay there is one off of a grasshopper that is 1 1/8. It comes with the flywheel for $110 plus shipping but maybe he would make you a better deal and sell you just the shaft. if your machine shop is more expensive. Brand new it is like $145 for the 1 1/8 shaft.

• pryan05 said thank you

#26 pryan05 OFFLINE  

pryan05

LGT

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 578 Thanks
  • 323 posts

Posted October 29, 2016 - 06:26 PM

Thank you

Looking good. If you search part # 824637 on ebay there is one off of a grasshopper that is 1 1/8. It comes with the flywheel for $110 plus shipping but maybe he would make you a better deal and sell you just the shaft. if your machine shop is more expensive. Brand new it is like $145 for the 1 1/8 shaft.

This is great information.  I sent the seller a message. 

This forum has been very helpful.  

• skyrydr2, Cvans, TomLGT195 and 1 other said thanks

#27 skyrydr2 OFFLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,856 Thanks
  • 3,395 posts

Posted October 31, 2016 - 02:27 AM

That is looking perfect.just make sure the deck lift area has enough clearance from the oil pan.
  • pryan05 said thank you

#28 skyrydr2 OFFLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,856 Thanks
  • 3,395 posts

Posted November 03, 2016 - 03:53 AM

Ryan what size is the radiator that was in the welder? If it is 16" x16" I would try and get it to fit. It is only off a little and i wish mine were bigger so ..you easily have the height its fitting between the bonnet frame that creates the biggest issue.
Also what are your plans for a fuel tank? There is no room under the bonnet for one of any capacity?
If you do what I did sand blast the rear fender pan good where the tank will go and be prepaired for shrinkage!!!!!!! Weld with small wire and gas no flux core! Or you will be soldering over all welded joints! Royal pain but works pefectly to seal any pinholes!

#29 skyrydr2 OFFLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 3,856 Thanks
  • 3,395 posts

Posted November 03, 2016 - 04:14 AM

Once you get your adapter shaft for the pto you need to make a mounting plate for the clutch coil. I made mine out of 1/4"aluminum and used standoffs to space it out correctly looks good and works even better.
Where yours has a muffler mine has a full sized battery mounted.
I made a special exaust adapter to get the factory Kubota tractor muffler to work and come out at the bottom front corner of the side cover.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMAG0242.jpg
  • IMAG0246.jpg

• TomLGT195 and stiemmy have said thanks

#30 pryan05 OFFLINE  

pryan05

LGT

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 578 Thanks
  • 323 posts

Posted November 03, 2016 - 05:08 AM

I ordered a rad for an Austin MINI,  The one from the welder is bigger than 16 x 16 and the filler pipe is way too long.  I'm going to make the fuel tank just like yours.  Yes I noticed your muffler is on the side, mine is going to be right on the front so the battery  hopefully is going to fit in front of the dash.  As for the PTO stand off I going to use part to the generator housing and some plate.  Right now I working on relocating the dc valve for the deck lift.  I'll post pics as I get there.  Thank you for the great posts from your build Keith.  I fell in love with your tractor so I'm going to build one just like it, hope you don't mind it's going to have twin up here in Ontario. Work is getting in the way of doing this build.  Work... work work.

Edited by pryan05, November 03, 2016 - 06:22 PM.

• TomLGT195 said thank you