• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 inthehollar OFFLINE  

inthehollar
  • Member No: 84978
  • 0 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted October 19, 2016 - 10:36 AM

Can anyone help me? I have a Hustler Fastrk z with a Honda GXV620 on it. I cannot get a strong spark on either plug.

I have done the following - new coils, new plugs, new plug caps, new rectifier, unhooked every kill switch on it and swapped the coils from cylinder to cylinder and then back again. I cannot get a good spark on either plug. I can get a spark testing light to light up but still a very weak spark at the plug.

Can the kill switch diode cause issues with a weak spark? I have unhooked the wires to the coil from the diode and still nothing.

Does the kill diode have to be hooked up and working properly to get proper spark?

I am beyond irritated!

#2 jms180 OFFLINE  

jms180

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1266
  • 915 Thanks
  • 1,207 posts

Posted October 19, 2016 - 12:59 PM

Robert@Honda can help. He usually hangs out at LawnWorld

#3 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,652 Thanks
  • 6,469 posts

Posted October 20, 2016 - 08:04 AM

Is there an oil  pressure sensor on these engines?  Maybe it is bad or wire off, or low oil?   Only had little honda 4hp's myself, they had that switch.

#4 massey driver OFFLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,072 Thanks
  • 1,444 posts

Posted October 20, 2016 - 08:55 AM

When you say new coils , did you buy them new or are you talking about a used coil. The new coils come with the ign wire but not the caps if I remeber correctly.I had a 20hp v twin one time and it used to eat coils for some reason. The coils are on the outside of the flywheel and are always live.They need a ground to kill them. If you've disconneted all the wire's that run to the coils you should have good spark..

This maybe off the mark but does this mower have a electric clutch on it. The electric clutch can and will ground out the ign if its shorted.Try disconnecting the wire to the electric clutch to see if it will run.

#5 Delmar ONLINE  

Delmar
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5039
  • 2,321 Thanks
  • 2,416 posts

Posted October 20, 2016 - 04:11 PM

checked the ground wire/grounding on it yet?