Gilson plow

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mgking OFFLINE  

• Member No: 47553
  • 10 Thanks
  • 11 posts

Posted October 17, 2016 - 10:33 PM

Got a godson 10 inch sleeve plow yesterday. Bought it cause they look cool with that big round tube, any ways I'd like to pull this with my 300 series Deeres and after putting it in the ground initially it seems if got all sorts of thing I want to adjust but no clue if it's possible.

First is getting the pitch or depth adjusted correctly. It seems I run out of adjuster before actually getting the tail down far enough. Then at the same time the frame hits the back of the moldboard.

Second issue is the landing adjustment. Brinlyjohn have a screw you can turn to bring it left or right. I don't see how I could do that with this one. It's taking way too big of a cut currently.

Last thing to add is I know it's not the ground condition cause my brinly left a perfect furrow. Cut clean and square.

Does anyone have any experience with these or a manual?

Attached Thumbnails

• 20161017_081700.jpg
  • 20161017_081707.jpg

Edited by Mgking, October 17, 2016 - 10:34 PM.

• Gtractor, Alc and CRFarnsworth have said thanks

#2 boyscout862 ONLINE  

• Member No: 8923
  • 9,477 Thanks
  • 7,354 posts

Posted October 18, 2016 - 12:25 AM

That is a rugged looking plow. I do not see how you can adjust it much. The heavy tube reminds me of a sleeve hitch grader blade that came with my Ford  LGT145. It is tagged as Ford. Maybe there is a manual for it in the Ford Attachments section of our Manuals Section. Good Luck, Rick

• Alc said thank you

#3 Mgking OFFLINE  

• Member No: 47553
  • 10 Thanks
  • 11 posts

Posted October 18, 2016 - 09:33 AM

some one said to try out a yahoo group but i couldnt figure that out.  they also said ford made gilson or something?  wards was included in there somehow also.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20161017_221330.jpg

Edited by Mgking, October 18, 2016 - 09:37 AM.

#4 propane1 ONLINE  

• Member No: 54307
  • 5,871 Thanks
  • 3,111 posts

Posted October 18, 2016 - 09:42 AM

Never saw a plow like that, but I like the look. I can see why you got it.

After looking at the plow again and closer, it looks like the point of the moldboard is worn out. I could be wrong thou. But if it is, that could be giving you your trouble.

Edited by propane1, October 18, 2016 - 09:48 AM.

#5 CanadianHobbyFarmer ONLINE  

• Member No: 73571
  • 895 Thanks
  • 580 posts

Posted October 18, 2016 - 04:26 PM

On the Brinly's you can adjust the width of cut by using the different holes in the hitch, I assume it would be the same with that one. Veiwed from the rear, the leftmost hole will give you the narrowest cut, the rightmost will give the widest. On the Brinly's you can also flip the front hitch to get a different width again, but it doesn't look like your Gilson has that feature.