Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

My daughter got some garden tractor seat time the other day.

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#16 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted May 29, 2011 - 07:37 AM

BTW....... Nice Bolens sign :D

No comment..... :bigrofl:

#17 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,317 Thanks
  • 28,635 posts

Posted May 29, 2011 - 07:40 AM

She looks to be having a great time! And BTW, you may not know it, but you've lost a tractor.
At least it's going to a family member :D

Tell her we all bump stuff and we are proud of her for getting back in the saddle!

#18 middleageddeere OFFLINE  

middleageddeere

Tacos!

• Member No: 2033
  • 243 Thanks
  • 1,082 posts

Posted May 29, 2011 - 07:48 AM

Very cool. Those pics are amazing, that first one is hilarious and the last one looks professional looking.

#19 Encrypt OFFLINE  

Encrypt

• Contributor
  • Member No: 502
  • 9 Thanks
  • 89 posts

Posted May 29, 2011 - 08:26 AM

NUTNDUN

Posted Image Originally Posted by Bolens 1000 Posted Image

BTW....... Nice Bolens sign :D

No comment.....

That's funny Bolens I thought the same thing when I saw the picture!!!

#20 hydriv OFFLINE  

hydriv

Tractorholic

• Validating
  • Member No: 256
  • 70 Thanks
  • 583 posts

Posted May 29, 2011 - 10:27 AM

How old is she, George? Nine, ten, eleven? Up to about 8, dad's are there in their daughter's lives to some degree but mom's are the dominant force. Between 8 and 12, dad's have a brief window of opportunity to get really close to their little girls while teaching them some of the "Man-things" that she admires about you. Then they hit the teen-age years and they start discovering that there's a huge world out there that involves more freedom, boys, dating, the right clothes etc, etc. If things begin to move too fast and the dad's see danger, then they try to put the brakes on because that's what dad's are supposed to do. PROTECT their offspring. However, she may not see it that way and a gap can start to form that is increasingly harder to bridge. Eventually, they reach their twenties and begin to realize that you (the dad) are now a lot smarter than she thought you were when she was in her early to mid-teens.

Do your best to spend as much quality time as possible with her over the next few years and maybe.....just maybe.... you won't have the problems that so many other dad's have with their daughters . Good luck George. Build her that Puller. Paint it her favorite color and go have a ton of fun. Take lots of photos and movies. Those Kodak moments only come once and then they're gone.

#21 Bill56 OFFLINE  

Bill56

Tractorholic

• Member No: 60
  • 839 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted May 29, 2011 - 06:36 PM

Enjoyed the pictures, George! Thanks for sharing them. What a great way to spend some family time together!!!

#22 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted May 29, 2011 - 09:16 PM

I only wish that I had been home to see my granddaughter driving around the yard. I have never had any doubt that she would drive one of the tractors, just didn't know when she would be ready to take the wheel. She's a firecracker that has her own way of doing things. Like hydriv said , it wasn't that long ago that I was doing things with George and his sister, and now I am watching my children raising their children. Time passes much too quickly. Cherish every moment.

#23 grand OFFLINE  

grand

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8
  • 1,632 Thanks
  • 1,909 posts

Posted May 29, 2011 - 09:30 PM

You are absolutely right they do grow too fast. Faster then weeds it seems. She told me she wants to start doing the garden tractors pulls so we will have a winter project to work on together. Good thing is she likes to turn wrenches also and not just seat time. :D

This is true. Awhile back, George and I were working in the garage and Lilly was watching when her Mom came in. Lilly had a choice of staying with us or going with her Mom to the store.She said that as long as she would be able to use some wrenches and screwdrivers, she wanted to stay with us in the garage. Love my granddaughter.

#24 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted May 29, 2011 - 09:32 PM

Like hydriv said , it wasn't that long ago that I was doing things with George and his sister, and now I am watching my children raising their children. Time passes much too quickly. Cherish every moment.

:ditto: Enjoy it while you can. Time creeps up on you fast.

The last picture is great. Almost looks like one in the old MF brochure.

#25 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted May 30, 2011 - 12:48 AM

Thanks for the pics George! You're a blessed man indeed! Great to see that smile on her face.