Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

My daughter got some garden tractor seat time the other day.

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted May 28, 2011 - 08:56 PM

This isn't her first time driving the garden tractors. She has driven my Massey MF8 before but closely supervised. She has also driven the Massey MF12H once before and that was closely supervised as well.

Last weekend when I got back from the Little Guys Show she wanted to help unload the tractors and also drive one. We were unloading the Bolens Ride-A-Matic and it started on the second pull like it always does unless it sits for an extended period of time. I got it off of the trailer and then had her get on it. I walked beside her the whole way in the garage and my wife of course was taking pictures.

Once we got the trailer unloaded then she drove the Massey MF12H for a little while. Fast forward to Tuesday night, I needed to get the Snapper 1655 in the garage so I could fix the driveshaft belts and it needed to be towed in. So I fired up the Massey MF12H and had my little helper pull it into the garage. It wasn't without a mishap though. The little one did great and she is good at using the hydro lever to control her speed and stopping and going. We got close to the garage and I was trying to tell my wife to get on the right side of the tractor just in case so she could grab the lever.

Well till she finally figured out what I was saying and Lilly was confused my wife grabbed the lever and did the rubber band effect. Causing it to back in to the Snapper and then hitting the garage LOL. No damage to the garage, dented the rear fender on the 12H and I could care less about the Snapper which it didn't do anything to anyway :D

Lilly was a little shell shocked at first but within a minute or so she was all about driving again. She pulled the Snapper the rest of the way into the garage and then I helped her back out of the garage after we unhooked. Then she went out to the front yard and drove around some more.

I also chased her around the trees a couple times with the 12G.

Here are some pics in no specific order:

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC_0011.jpg
  • DSC_0024.jpg
  • DSC_0014.jpg
  • DSC_0013.jpg
  • DSC_0017.jpg
  • DSC_0025.jpg
  • DSC_0010.jpg
  • DSC_0008.jpg
  • DSC_0015.jpg
  • DSC_0007.jpg
  • DSC_0018.jpg

#2 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted May 28, 2011 - 09:05 PM

Nice stack on the 12G George. Also, nice beard, looks like you are growing it out a little bit haha. I am glad all went well with your daughter's driving lessons. Equipment can be repaired, people take longer to heal...

I myself had a mishap in my shop with the Case 444 which prompted me to fix the return to neutral spring. I was bumping it over to get it in range and low and behold, I WAS MOVING!! I ended up shoving a pile of stuff on the floor between the Case 222 and 444 so the hoods luckily never touched, but that Kohler was lugging down good enough, I finally just turned the key off.

#3 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted May 28, 2011 - 09:41 PM

I actually took the stack off of the 12G for now. I use it to mow and it gets a little overbearing after a while even with the ear pieces on.

#4 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted May 28, 2011 - 09:46 PM

You use ear protection?!? I must be behind on the times, I thought that was what mufflers were for lol.

#5 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted May 28, 2011 - 09:47 PM

You use ear protection?!? I must be behind on the times, I thought that was what mufflers were for lol.

I gotta save the 40% I have left. Sucks when you don't always hear what your little one is saying or what your wife might be saying, although my wife blames me not hearing her as selective hearing.

#6 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted May 28, 2011 - 10:03 PM

Ah, makes sense.

#7 Ron White OFFLINE  

Ron White

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 267
  • 123 Thanks
  • 124 posts

Posted May 28, 2011 - 10:24 PM

Hello George,

I bet I'll see Lilly plowing at next years PA Plow Days !!

I have twin boys, Ayden & Cameron who are just over 6 years old. I can't wait til they start going to the plow days with me. Well I hope they will want to go, I am pretty sure that Ayden will want to as he seems to enjoy the tractors more that Cameron.

#8 bhts OFFLINE  

bhts

Bob's Lawn and Garden Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 945
  • 1,413 Thanks
  • 2,117 posts

Posted May 28, 2011 - 10:48 PM

Hey George looks like she was having a blast

#9 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted May 29, 2011 - 04:34 AM

Looks like everyone had fun. Glad she got some seat time.

#10 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,479 Thanks
  • 39,716 posts

Posted May 29, 2011 - 05:46 AM

Looks like a good time was had by all. Great pics.

#11 KIRO-1 OFFLINE  

KIRO-1

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 2451
  • 40 Thanks
  • 300 posts

Posted May 29, 2011 - 06:00 AM

Great pics George. Never to young for time in the seat! Pretty soon you'll be arguing with her over who gets to cut the grass and snow blow the driveway. LOL :thumbs:

#12 coldone OFFLINE  

coldone

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 839
  • 1,631 Thanks
  • 1,668 posts

Posted May 29, 2011 - 06:03 AM

She looks like she is having fun. Cute and happy, thats the way kids should be aorund tractors. I am waiting for my kids to get a little older.

#13 hydriv OFFLINE  

hydriv

Tractorholic

• Validating
  • Member No: 256
  • 70 Thanks
  • 583 posts

Posted May 29, 2011 - 06:15 AM

George......... that's a beautiful piece of property you have and along with a very cute daughter. Takes me back to when my own daughter was her age and I taught her how to drive my 446 Case at the time. Treasure these moments, George. They are all too fleeting because the kids grow up far too fast.

#14 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,701 Thanks
  • 17,208 posts

Posted May 29, 2011 - 06:58 AM

Great pictures George
Looks like she had a blast!

BTW....... Nice Bolens sign :D

#15 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted May 29, 2011 - 07:36 AM

George......... that's a beautiful piece of property you have and along with a very cute daughter. Takes me back to when my own daughter was her age and I taught her how to drive my 446 Case at the time. Treasure these moments, George. They are all too fleeting because the kids grow up far too fast.

You are absolutely right they do grow too fast. Faster then weeds it seems. She told me she wants to start doing the garden tractors pulls so we will have a winter project to work on together. Good thing is she likes to turn wrenches also and not just seat time. :D