#1 Mark 149 J. OFFLINE  

Mark 149 J.

Mark J.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 78623
  • 537 Thanks
  • 359 posts

Posted October 17, 2016 - 09:34 AM

Saw this last night.  It looks like it has been painted but looks to be in great condition.  I think it has the Johnson loader (based upon the decal).  Would like it for myself but there is no way that my wife would let me buy it.  We don't see a lot of these around here and if you do that want over a $1000 for just the tractor.  Looks like it would make a great tractor for someone.

http://seattle.craig...5832200744.html

00k0k_kQQmNyHTkIE_600x450.jpg

• Gtractor and Austen have said thanks

#2 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2135
  • 2,295 Thanks
  • 2,331 posts

Posted October 17, 2016 - 11:07 AM

Hmmmmmmm "mint condition" and "hasn't ran in years" in the same sentence is kinda a big deal when your talking about $2000 lol

Nice looking tractor but I would think that he should of got it to run before painting it up all nice and pretty and putting new tires on it.

• Titus, Austen, MiCarl and 1 other said thanks

#3 Mark 149 J. OFFLINE  

Mark 149 J.

Mark J.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 537 Thanks
  • 359 posts

Posted October 17, 2016 - 11:45 AM

I wish that he would have included some close-up pictures.  That would give a much better idea of how he defines "mint".

• Austen said thank you

#4 chieffan OFFLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,147 Thanks
  • 4,491 posts

Posted October 17, 2016 - 12:34 PM

To me mint is NEW.  I agree with EricFromPa.  None running tractor is just that regardless of how pretty they make them look.  Is this a good paint job or just a power wash and hit with some paint and  pawn it off onto some unsuspecting sole.  If all it needs is point I would think he would have put them in and had it running before painting and tagging it with that kind of a tag.

• Mark 149 J. said thank you

#5 adamjd200 ONLINE  

adamjd200
  • Member No: 39654
  • 1,392 Thanks
  • 1,527 posts

Posted October 17, 2016 - 01:16 PM

I have to agree, if all it needs is the points installed, why not get it running before selling it, something fishy there.  Also, what is with people putting their kids in their ads, kinda dumb if you ask me( too many sickos out there).

#6 Austen ONLINE  

Austen
  • Member No: 33768
  • 854 Thanks
  • 567 posts

Posted October 17, 2016 - 01:21 PM

Neat little tractor and no, you don't commonly see these around here or this model with a loader for that matter. I agree, it would be nice to see some additional pics. Not running though would make for a good bargaining chip.

On a side note, I would think it would be a handful (literally) to operate seeing as that the hydro is lever operated on these; steering, controlling the hydro lever, and working the loader all at the same time would require three hands!

Edited by Austen, October 17, 2016 - 01:21 PM.

#7 Mark 149 J. OFFLINE  

Mark 149 J.

Mark J.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 537 Thanks
  • 359 posts

Posted October 17, 2016 - 02:56 PM

Neat little tractor and no, you don't commonly see these around here or this model with a loader for that matter. I agree, it would be nice to see some additional pics. Not running though would make for a good bargaining chip.

On a side note, I would think it would be a handful (literally) to operate seeing as that the hydro is lever operated on these; steering, controlling the hydro lever, and working the loader all at the same time would require three hands!

I know what you mean about the operating all of the controls.  My cub 149 w/fel has the same type of controls,  It took a little to get used to but it can be done with a lot of practice.  Besides, it still beats using a shovel! :D

• KennyP and Austen have said thanks

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: case, 444, fel