#1 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,475 posts

Posted October 16, 2016 - 11:04 AM

Wife got new phone yesterday and I got a tablet was on sale and always wanted to play with one. It is a Verizon Elypsis 8, 8" size. I can google things and find, not so much save yet. Have put in my  favorites I guess, but CAN'T even find that list when back out of it?  Anyway, what was it on here that one clicks on to be auto connect with avatar or whatever called to be on my desk top? Seems like was a tractor to click on, or maybe bottom of page or ???  Not sure where buttons are for save and post way yet. Need those? Be easy, not a puter wiz at all here. :smilewink:  Just a note:  Android system on the tab, same as some phones.

• chieffan said thank you

#2 Xrperry ONLINE  

Xrperry
  • Member No: 73285
  • 277 Thanks
  • 314 posts

Posted October 16, 2016 - 11:46 AM

need to talk to a kid, no kidding if anyone would know it would be a kid.lol

#3 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,157 Thanks
  • 4,503 posts

Posted October 16, 2016 - 06:08 PM

I know nothing about tablets, I-Phones, I-Pads, Smart phones or any of that other hi tech stuff and have no desire to learn.  Why beat yourself to death messing with stuff you don't need so it can blow up in your hand or burn your house down.

#4 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,564 Thanks
  • 3,942 posts

Posted October 16, 2016 - 06:22 PM

Gl, on my android in the upper right corner there is a three dot button. On the list that pops up, I get a save to homescreen option. Selecting that gives me a short cut to the page I am currently on. For instance, I go to new content then do my shortcut. A tractor pops up on my home screen which will take me to the new content.
  • HDWildBill and glgrumpy have said thanks

#5 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 3,564 Thanks
  • 3,942 posts

Posted October 16, 2016 - 06:27 PM

I know nothing about tablets, I-Phones, I-Pads, Smart phones or any of that other hi tech stuff and have no desire to learn. Why beat yourself to death messing with stuff you don't need so it can blow up in your hand or burn your house down.

Why???

#6 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,475 posts

Posted October 17, 2016 - 06:34 AM

Shorty, thank you very much! As noted, the little 3 dot thing was there when GTTalk is on it, and had save to desktop or homescreen or something anyway and it worked. At first thought not, but after moving around some, saw it there. Dark tractor on my black background didn't show as well. I'm gonna change that back to lighter one soon, should show better. Glad to get that working, thanks again!

• shorty said thank you

#7 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 3,564 Thanks
  • 3,942 posts

Posted October 17, 2016 - 08:42 AM

Shorty, thank you very much! As noted, the little 3 dot thing was there when GTTalk is on it, and had save to desktop or homescreen or something anyway and it worked. At first thought not, but after moving around some, saw it there. Dark tractor on my black background didn't show as well. I'm gonna change that back to lighter one soon, should show better. Glad to get that working, thanks again!

Your welcome. Glad it worked.