8 replies to this topic

#1 Tecumseh power ONLINE  

Tecumseh power

Jack of all trades, master of none.

• Member No: 77571
  • 941 Thanks
  • 766 posts

Posted October 16, 2016 - 12:47 AM

Hey guys do any of you have any parts or a deck and belt tensioner for the deck for this style GT16 ? or if any of you have one can you get me a cpl pics of the setup for your right foot to turn the deck on. Those 13/6-16/6 tractors should take the same parts but the tranny. Mine is varidrive. I bought it for the motor I like to keep some extra cast OH Tecumsehs for spares for my suburbans. It was 75 bucks and came with a working tractor. I want to put my plow on it and use it so I'm nit beating up my restored Suburbans. Now I have an extra cast Tecumseh 10,12,14,and 18. Especially need the 18 you can't even get rings for the OH180 anymore. You can for all the other ones. All my spares run the most I ever paid was the 75 bucks and it came on this tractor+ thanks guys

post-77571-0-80448400-1476596725.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• 20161014_175402.jpg

Edited by KennyP, October 16, 2016 - 05:21 AM.
Rotate Pic

#2 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,392 Thanks
  • 39,654 posts

Posted October 16, 2016 - 05:21 AM

Good looking tractor.

#3 Tecumseh power ONLINE  

Tecumseh power

• 941 Thanks
  • 766 posts

Posted October 16, 2016 - 06:58 AM

Good looking tractor.

thanks kenny I couldn't pass it up for 75 bucks. Guy had it on Craigslist since last year. He had it on for 250 last year and I offered him 150. This summer he had it on for 150 and I offered him 125. And a couple days ago he posted it for 100 and I offered him 75 and he took it. He should have took my money before haha. I dint tell him that is was me making offers before. It's going to be impossible to find a deck and the foot engagement thing isn't it? Thanks for flipping my pic. No matter what way I hold my phone they come up sideways here

Edited by Tecumseh power, October 16, 2016 - 06:59 AM.

#4 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,392 Thanks
  • 39,654 posts

Posted October 16, 2016 - 07:39 AM

I would think it's the same as the 6-speed tractors, just variable with 3. Haven't seen a foot engage deck set up before. That engine would be good for the ST/16 I have.

#5 Tecumseh power ONLINE  

Tecumseh power

• 941 Thanks
  • 766 posts

Posted October 16, 2016 - 08:16 AM

I would think it's the same as the 6-speed tractors, just variable with 3. Haven't seen a foot engage deck set up before. That engine would be good for the ST/16 I have.

Yes kenny same tractor as the 6 speeds. The way the deck turns on is a foot pedal on the right like a suburban has . I really wanneed it to have the 16 off it for my gt18 suburban style tractor. Because you cannot get rings for that 18 or a piston or anything now . You can for the other OH engines just not the 18. I figured I will never notice the 2hp if I ever need it. I really like my gt18. It's my favorite tractor out of my bunch. But I'm going to use it. If I ever need the motor I can put it on my 18 and put my OH 140 on this one here. Do you have any real life pics of the 6speed ones with deck ingagement. From the pics I saw it looked like they turned on the same way
  • KennyP said thank you

#6 Tecumseh power ONLINE  

Tecumseh power

• 941 Thanks
  • 766 posts

Posted October 16, 2016 - 08:17 AM

I know a tractor grave yard the guy has a bunch of OH engines. Too bad you didn't live so far away. He charged me 50 bucks for that 14. I could probably find you what you need. He has a bunch of bolens with them on
  • KennyP said thank you

#7 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,392 Thanks
  • 39,654 posts

Posted October 16, 2016 - 10:57 AM

I'm not sure what to do with mine. The front is broken real bad and I have no attachments to fit it. But, the decals are in great shape! Has part of the 3-point on it.

• Tecumseh power said thank you

#8 Tecumseh power ONLINE  

Tecumseh power

• 941 Thanks
  • 766 posts

Posted October 16, 2016 - 03:41 PM

I'm not sure what to do with mine. The front is broken real bad and I have no attachments to fit it. But, the decals are in great shape! Has part of the 3-point on it.

Kenny I have seen the stuff you make, I made the nose cone for my gt18 in my profile pic.out of steel. I'm sure you can do it too.
  • KennyP said thank you

#9 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,392 Thanks
  • 39,654 posts

Posted October 16, 2016 - 04:30 PM

Kenny I have seen the stuff you make, I made the nose cone for my gt18 in my profile pic.out of steel. I'm sure you can do it too.

Just got to get in the mood!

• Tecumseh power said thank you