- - - - -

Engine mounts in the ST series

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

• Member No: 84822
  • 7 Thanks
  • 32 posts

Posted October 15, 2016 - 09:51 PM

I'm almost thinking my parts ST is the better vehicle except for the engine. Can I swap the 11 horsepower B&S in the ST110 into the mount for the 12 HP in the ST120? Ie; is it a similar mounting pattern?

I'm thinking there are less body dents in the 120, perhaps the "Tiller Transmission" in the 120 might be more hefty than the one in the ST110 and the 120 is newer, not sure of the proiduction date. It's a model 3112G & serial # 0100332. 

Decisions, decisions...

Edited by KA1J, October 15, 2016 - 09:53 PM.

#2 boyscout862 ONLINE  

• Member No: 8923
  • 9,448 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted October 16, 2016 - 07:35 AM

They should have the same mounting holes and wiring contections. The engine shafts should be the same too. If not, just use the pulley that fits the engine. There should be good interchangeability between the two tractors. Good Luck, Rick
  • KA1J said thank you

• Member No: 84822
  • 7 Thanks
  • 32 posts

Posted October 16, 2016 - 06:01 PM

Thanks Rick.  

I've been trying to track down any transmission differences between the two transmissions. The ST110 has its transmission and nothing bragging about it on the decals. The 120 though has the words Eliminator on the decals and more, brags about a "Tiller Transmission". Perhaps it is the same transmission or maybe the 120 comes with a heftier transmission. If it does, maybe I'll make the 120 my keeper and sell the ST110 and the snowblower attachment as a pair.

I've put in at least 30 hours in hands on repair to the ST110 and it'll be a fine tractor for the leaves this fall. If the 120 has a better transmission I'll leave that in there and migrate engines. It does appear the PTO is toast in the 120. I hooked a good battery to it and turned on the PTO and the fuse fried instantly. Hopefully I can remove a locked up PTO, not sure how it attaches/works exactly but will do what I can.

Thinking seriously I should find an older one with a rear tiller run by gear, I'd like to have a garden again and really need a rototiller, it'd be nice to rehab an old tractor like a 1050 that is in mechanically excellent shape & comes with a rototiller attachment. That would be fun.

Edited by KA1J, October 16, 2016 - 10:52 PM.