Garden Tractor Forums banner

Apparently I say the wrong things.

3K views 33 replies 22 participants last post by  64fleetside 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Yesterday I loaded the dish washer and my wife opened it up to add something before it started. She said you loaded this wrong nothing is going to get clean. So I responded with they get cleaner than they'll get sitting in the sink for a week.

Wrong statement.

Then tonight I go to sweep up a mess the boy made with a box of nerds. The sweeper wasnt picking up. I take the bottom off and a dryer sheets is stuck in the hose and a bunch of dirt and hair is stuck around it.

I said this thing hasn't been working for awhile. She said I wondered why the canister wasnt getting full. I said you'd think that would be an indicator that something is wrong...

Don't get me wrong. I do chores around the house frequently(lately I've slacked being in Illinois and working too many 12s) But sometimes. I make comments that well I should think twice about....I'm naturally sarcastic.

#5 ·
Some women are just that way. Mine cannot turn the TV and Dish off in the family room. Told her to turn the dish off first, that way she know she has it off. Her reply was she didn't know which button was which. Remotes are exactly the same for the living room and family room and she has been running it for 3 years now. One RED button even has TV in white letters on it. No further comment.

#10 ·
Yeah I'm good for that....True Story

While in the hospital having my son, I had to go to the restroom for a number 2. About that time I hear the nurse walk in the room. I thought it was a good idea to say "Nurse, can you hook me up with an epidural. I'm gonna need it for this one" I thought it was hilarious, wife and nurse not so much.

We went in for contractions when my daughter was born. My idiot mind thought it was a good idea to say "If this isn't real, your driving home" She had my daughter roughly 6 hours later. Granted I was trying to be funny. Probably didn't come off that way.

Eric

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

#15 ·
We've only been married 40 years, and have only had 3 arguments in 43 years.

You have to learn what battles to fight, what battles you may win, and what the consequences will be if you lose. :wallbanging:

Do you want to be right, or do you want to be married ?? :D

Fortunately, during these 43 years, my wife has learned how to handle my sarcasm. :thumbs:

#20 ·
I've always been the "Judgemental" one, a pesonality trait in family I think. Wife knows how to re-act w/out getting wildly mad. I don't get mad, or rarely anyway, I'm just cool about most things, and want to anylize the problem or event to make it right or be acceptable. Figure out what's wrong with situation and come up with a fix plan to make it right.

Far as the "love", it is in past, we just live with each other now for Convenience! :smilewink:

#21 · (Edited by Moderator)
We've only been married 40 years, and have only had 3 arguments in 43 years.

Fortunately, during these 43 years, my wife has learned how to handle my sarcasm. :thumbs:
No real arguments in 23 years now. Had enough of them in the previous marriage attempts. Learned from the past and chose well this last & final stage of my life. Teresa has also learned to handle my sarcasm, and I too have learned how best to use it.

#24 ·
My wife has got this routine every morning of sweeping the front & back porch off because she hates spider webs. The other morning I got up & went to the back porch so I could finish my coffee & my post on here.lol Here she comes to do the back porch & asked me if I seen her broom. I said no, why you want to fly somewhere. That didn't go over too good. We're coming up on 44 years next month...wouldn't have it other way.

#26 ·
I got another...some years back I was trucking out west when a very

well endowed young girl passed me...topless. Darn truck wasn't fast

enough to keep up, but she went by slow enough to give me a good look.

Back at home , I'm telling a buddy about this and the wife overheard me.

She marched over and says "yeah, how often does this happen??".

I looked at her and said "not often enough!".....

Not surprisingly this was the wrong answer!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.