• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mpeck3 OFFLINE  

mpeck3
  • Member No: 81433
  • 49 Thanks
  • 45 posts

Posted October 12, 2016 - 03:03 PM

This snowblower is serial number 59750-1679. It is the large two stage machine made by Jacobsen.

Specifically, I need auger end shaft bearings, the ones that fit on the outside of the main housing with three bolts. Two lock screws hold the inner race to the auger axle.  The bearing unit appears to be in two parts which are pinned together and hold the bearing balls.

It is possible that these bearings are common to other makes or standard for the time but I have not yet looked into that.

The Snowblower has been run for 15 years or so with my Chief 800 and works fine but it is time ti address some wear issues before I have to do it at 10 degrees below zero.

Thanks for any leads, parts or advice.IMG_1974.JPG

#2 Billy M OFFLINE  

Billy M
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 15999
  • 353 Thanks
  • 357 posts

Posted October 12, 2016 - 03:21 PM

That looks similar to this.  Would this be an acceptable substitute?  Take that to a bearing shop.  They should be able to match it up.  It looks like a 3-bolt flanged bearing would work fine as well.  That would have a conical bearing sandwiched between two flange assemblies.

R755306-01.jpg

SBSTR__42334.1421251019.1280.1280__17209

• KennyP and Bmerf have said thanks

#3 mpeck3 OFFLINE  

mpeck3
  • Member No: 81433
  • 49 Thanks
  • 45 posts

Posted October 12, 2016 - 04:21 PM

Thanks !  This looks very good. As long as the shaft is held in place, a new version of the bearing is fine.  I will look up a bearing place that was near me but moved and may be out of business.  They came up with very esoteric stuff in the past.

Appreciate the quick help and will report back on results. Can barely use the current bearings because the drive chain tension has become so random .

M   (time to relax)

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_1906.JPG

#4 propane1 ONLINE  

propane1
  • Member No: 54307
  • 6,123 Thanks
  • 3,208 posts

Posted October 12, 2016 - 07:00 PM

Some places call them , self centering bearing. I use them on my ford blowers.

Noel

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Wanted