Garden Tractor Forums banner

59m chipper/shredder

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  shorty 
#1 ·
Found this last night in my buddy's cub graveyard, it's a 59m shredder for the front of a cub. It's rusty but solid and turns freely, I can't wait to get it home so I can start fixing it up.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Chipper shredders can be a time saver. We put all our branches, etc. in an old pickup bed liner in back of the garage. When it get full I get the Super Tomahawk out and run them through. Makes good landscaping mulch. You will have a lot of fun with that. Make sure the hammers are square on the leading edge or it will pull hard and not do as good a job.

#5 ·
#6 ·
Looks like a MacKissic unit that is still made.
http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/files/file/5089-shredder-chipper-12p-12pt-12pe-12pte-amerind-mackissic-om-iplpdf/
and
http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/files/file/1332-shredder-1974-9-wh-amerind-mackissic-om-iplpdf/

You can turn the hammers over for a fresh edge or turn them end for end for two more edges.

Does not look like this one has the chipper.

Garry
you are correct, that company made these for ih and many other manufacturers.

#7 ·
Yup Mackissic made unit. I wish i would have known this years ago when my grandfather had an engine powered Mackissic. He bought it for peanuts and it was identical nearly to the one made for IH. It could have been EASILY converted to use on the front of a Cub Cadet. Alas this was a few years before we got into the Cub Cadet collecting.

#8 ·
Yup Mackissic made unit. I wish i would have known this years ago when my grandfather had an engine powered Mackissic. He bought it for peanuts and it was identical nearly to the one made for IH. It could have been EASILY converted to use on the front of a Cub Cadet. Alas this was a few years before we got into the Cub Cadet collecting.
that's to bad, they look great all done up on a cub. i got this one for $25 but it will take alot of work to get it looking and working as it should.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.