• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Ron 62 OFFLINE  

Ron 62
  • Member No: 84894
  • 1 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted October 10, 2016 - 09:35 PM

Hey guy's new member here and just recently picked up a automatic 12 wheel horse, and if anybody has any pictures of what it looks like! I have been told that i need the long frame type plow, but i have seen two different types...one type seems the frame is straight all the way back while the other seems to curve somewhat inward..thank you Ron

• Traill95 said thank you

#2 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,731 Thanks
  • 4,288 posts

Posted October 10, 2016 - 11:02 PM

Welcome to the forum. Hopefully some of the wheel horse guys can help you out. If you don't get much response here, just ask and we can move the thread over to the Wheelhorse forum for you.

• Ron 62 said thank you

#3 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,476 posts

Posted October 11, 2016 - 12:28 AM

Yep, long frame. Only diff is the plow frame is little longer, about a foot of it is straight in back. Short frame shaped like A, no straight part. Think either will mount, just short won't allow angling, hits tires. Keep in mind you need mount that bolts to front of rear axle to mount one. Many times this is missing on used blades or got left on last tractor it was mounted too. See if yours has one. Also need the turning handle and wire links to operate. Again sometimes missing. Check out a manual for blades, might be one here.
  • Ron 62 said thank you

#4 KC9KAS OFFLINE  

KC9KAS
  • Member No: 10038
  • 4,783 Thanks
  • 4,303 posts

Posted October 11, 2016 - 04:11 AM

I found that a short frame plow on a long frame tractor would hit the brake band and the brake drum.

You need a long frame plow.

Oh, :welcometogttalk:

• Ron 62 said thank you

#5 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,803 Thanks
  • 7,543 posts

Posted October 11, 2016 - 10:08 AM

Welcome to GTT. You've got a well made tractor. Go into our Manuals Section and download the info that you need. I have 8 WHs and only 3 plows. The straight fits my Raider 9. I recently purchased a bent frame plow, I hope will fit my C160 or C81. Post some pics. Good Luck, Rick

• Ron 62 said thank you

#6 js5020 OFFLINE  

js5020

• Member No: 7086
  • 541 Thanks
  • 677 posts

Posted October 11, 2016 - 02:19 PM

Let me see if I can upload something, I have a 16 Auto and the plow is off at the moment standing up in the shed.

• Ron 62 said thank you

#7 js5020 OFFLINE  

js5020

• 541 Thanks
  • 677 posts

Posted October 11, 2016 - 02:29 PM

Your in luck I had a few in the pb.

http://IMG_3146_zps51782c99.jpg

http://IMG_3147_zpscdefd8da.jpg

• Ron 62 said thank you

#8 Ron 62 OFFLINE  

Ron 62
  • 1 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted October 11, 2016 - 03:05 PM

That's it that's the one I seen that angles in towards the end ...thank you now I know the one I looked at is the right one

#9 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,476 posts

Posted October 11, 2016 - 04:08 PM

Look at that picture and note the axle mount laying at back and the lever with all the link rods shown.  Need all that to be correct. Some things CAN be built, but not as easy as would seem to make  one work. One of the easiest manual lift blades I've ever used.

• Ron 62 said thank you

#10 GWest OFFLINE  

GWest

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 130
  • 450 Thanks
  • 408 posts

Posted October 11, 2016 - 06:20 PM

In 1984 the blade went from 42" to 48" which is better when angled. Everything else is the same.

http://www.wheelhors...-om-tipl-snpdf/

Garry

#11 js5020 OFFLINE  

js5020

• 541 Thanks
  • 677 posts

Posted October 11, 2016 - 08:17 PM

Look at that picture and note the axle mount laying at back and the lever with all the link rods shown.  Need all that to be correct. Some things CAN be built, but not as easy as would seem to make  one work. One of the easiest manual lift blades I've ever used.

I found that these are pretty easy to modify if needed.  I bought the plow and blower as a pair and they came off a newer tractor.  The newer tractor had a manual pto clutch and my 16 auto has the electric pto clutch.  On the blade the angle lever would hit the pto clutch, all I did was flip the lever around and relocate the guides on the lever for the linkage rod.  Lift hooked up the same as the newer machine, as did the rear mount.

The blower wasn't difficult either and the only issues were again caused by the electric clutch.  I cannot get the drive belt on the clutch without removing the drive pulley on the blower, no big deal I'll be one of the few who can get that pulley off without destroying it.  The other issue that required a bit of effort to resolve was the chute crank mount that attaches to the mid tachmatic, this I had to cut and add a piece to the tube to move it away from the pto clutch and change the angle at which it sits again no big deal.

• Ron 62 said thank you

#12 Ron 62 OFFLINE  

Ron 62
  • 1 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted October 11, 2016 - 09:35 PM

Once again thank you too all who replied...this being my first Wheelhorse just did not won't to pick up the wrong plow! This is a great forum with a lot of knowledgeable minds...just what i have been looking for..thank Ron