Garden Tractor Forums banner

Impement weights

2K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  Sawdust 
#1 ·
I recently bought a skid of stuff, including a bunch of "New Old Stock" Brinly implements and eight sets of front wheel weights. The weights don't have a relief cut on the inside to clear the spindles on most GT's and shipping on them is crazy, so I was thinking they would be sitting here for a while. I was getting ready to make some concrete weights for my new pair of disc's when the lightbulb went on. I made a quick trip to the hardware store for some bolts and then got busy. Most of the steel brackets were included on the skid of stuff I bought, the plywood for the trays on the disc's is from an A-frame sign that got hit by a snowplow. All of the weight brackets on the Brinly stuff is bolted on, no permanent mods. They are all set up now to hold up to 80lbs each (160lbs total on the tandem disc). The weights just slip onto the bolts. I didn't add anything to the plow, it works fine just as it is, but I thought I would include it just to show all my sleeve hitch implements. I also just picked up a new sleeve hitch for my Bolens tube frames. The red one is my home built one, the white one is the one I got today.

Jim

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Neat idea Jim, but I was wondering if the disks are on wrong or am I not seeing correctly in the second and third picture as compared to the first picture? Nice collection of attachments.

Noel

#4 ·
Neat idea Jim, but I was wondering if the disks are on wrong or am I not seeing correctly in the second and third picture as compared to the first picture? Nice collection of attachments.

Noel
I agree. 2nd and 3rd pic has all the blade dish going the same way on the back gang. The top left blades need to be dish in in both pics. Nice looking set of equipment. Don't think you will need much if any weight on that spike harrow.

#8 ·
I agree. 2nd and 3rd pic has all the blade dish going the same way on the back gang. The top left blades need to be dish in in both pics. Nice looking set of equipment. Don't think you will need much if any weight on that spike harrow.
I tried the spike harrow unweighted and it didn't work well at all. I tried it again with 50lbs on it and it worked much better. It actually comes with a long carriage bolt and bracket to hold a cement block on top for weight.I like my new setup better though.

Jim

#9 ·
I guess I was lookin at them wrong, but the decals look to be in the same place in the first and second pictures. Oh well.

Noel

#11 ·
I was a bit confused about the comments on the disc's there for a second, but DH1 is correct, the first picture was taken from the front and the other two are from the rear. It does have the same hitch on both ends, so I can see where you would get that idea.

Jim
Have to love the Canadian lighting Just a optical elusion. the disc's are set up properly

#12 ·
Have to love the Canadian lighting Just a optical elusion. the disc's are set up properly
We are dealing with a whole different set of rules North of the border. Pics upload in every way but right. I think Gravity up there is different from ours.

#13 ·
We are dealing with a whole different set of rules North of the border. Pics upload in every way but right. I think Gravity up there is different from ours.
Gravity could be the issue along with the way the light reflects off Venus up here.

Also should say that is a good idea and good use for the front wheel weights with no damage to the implements

Looks real nice to use in different soil conditions

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.