• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JohnDeere110 OFFLINE  

JohnDeere110
  • Member No: 69034
  • 146 Thanks
  • 64 posts

Posted October 10, 2016 - 04:08 PM

Does anyone know what belt can replace a original drive belt on a 1965 JD 110 and where can I get it?

#2 lyall ONLINE  

lyall

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2180
  • 1,747 Thanks
  • 1,398 posts

Posted October 10, 2016 - 04:45 PM

deere should have it

#3 BigFlash OFFLINE  

BigFlash

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 7324
  • 150 Thanks
  • 88 posts

Posted October 10, 2016 - 04:50 PM

The best place is just to order it from your local dealer. Which in your case is Deere Country. The drive belts on these have a special angle to the sides that aftermarket belts don't copy. The special angle is needed for proper operation of the variator. So i highly suggest you buy OEM. You will want to replace both belts as a set and then perform the variator adjustment procedure. Doing so can really bring some performance back to these machines.  If you need help looking up the part numbers in deere system shout out. 

But to be the devils advocate it is possible to look up the belts dimension and find generic belts. Or take the deere numbers to a place like napa, and they should be able to cross reference them.

I suggest you buy deere ones however .It will be along time to you need to replace them again.

#4 mtoney OFFLINE  

mtoney
  • Member No: 13665
  • 557 Thanks
  • 539 posts

Posted October 10, 2016 - 05:06 PM

I will second using only OEM belts for the drive on these and the 200 series tractors.  I have tried the aftermarket belts and they can make the adjustment procedure frustrating.   Get both belts from Deere, and do the whole procedure once and forget about it for many years.   Mike