• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Firemang OFFLINE  

Firemang
  • Member No: 35312
  • 140 Thanks
  • 151 posts

Posted October 10, 2016 - 02:28 PM

Havent had any luck in the Ford forum, was hoping the Gilson guys might be able to help....picked up this 1988 Ford LGT 18H last week.  Came with the tractor, deck, tiller, and blade all for $250.  Think I scored pretty good, although the tractor isn't running (carb needs a rebuild, one valve cover needs a helicoil where they stripped the plug, needs starter solenoid) and the tiller looks like it's missing some of the drive pieces cuz I cant figure out how it's powered from the tractor.  Havent been able to find any of the manuals online, just a couple google images of the brochure.  I know LawnBoy made a version of this tractor too after they bought out Gilson.  Was hoping someone in this forum could help me out and tell me a little more and/or point me in the right direction for info.  Thanks.

• boyscout862 and TomLGT195 have said thanks

#2 stiemmy ONLINE  

stiemmy
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53712
  • 1,288 Thanks
  • 1,094 posts

Posted October 10, 2016 - 03:20 PM

Maybe this will help?
http://gardentractor...-parts-manuals/
  • Alc, boyscout862 and Firemang have said thanks

#3 Firemang OFFLINE  

Firemang
  • 140 Thanks
  • 151 posts

Posted October 10, 2016 - 05:16 PM

Helped a lot.  Didn't see what I was looking for there as far as the blade goes but I can see now what I'm missing for the tiller drive on the back of the tractor, thanks a ton.  Also did a little google searching on my lunch break and am finding out there's not much for rebuild kits/parts available for the Kohler Magnum series as compared to whats out there for the K series. 

#4 stiemmy ONLINE  

stiemmy
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53712
  • 1,288 Thanks
  • 1,094 posts

Posted October 10, 2016 - 08:53 PM

Helped a lot. Didn't see what I was looking for there as far as the blade goes but I can see now what I'm missing for the tiller drive on the back of the tractor, thanks a ton. Also did a little google searching on my lunch break and am finding out there's not much for rebuild kits/parts available for the Kohler Magnum series as compared to whats out there for the K series.

You betcha! ;)

Yes, there are a TON of parts for them, they are plenty actually, just have to look!!! Good luck with the "New Ferd"
Very nice, enjoy!!
;)

Edited by stiemmy, October 10, 2016 - 08:56 PM.

• Firemang said thank you

#5 Firemang OFFLINE  

Firemang
  • 140 Thanks
  • 151 posts

Posted October 10, 2016 - 11:32 PM

You betcha! ;)
Yes, there are a TON of parts for them, they are plenty actually, just have to look!!! Good luck with the "New Ferd"
Very nice, enjoy!!
;)

Know anyone that sells a rebuild kit for a M18 with gaskets, rings, seals, valves, etc?

#6 Firemang OFFLINE  

Firemang
  • 140 Thanks
  • 151 posts

Posted October 12, 2016 - 01:02 AM

Found the owners manual on eBay for $15, the manual for the tiller from SSB tractor for $21 plus s&h. Was able to download both the shop and owners manual for the engine and I see Kenny P put the manual for the blade on here so was able get that too. Time start finding parts!
  • KennyP said thank you