6 replies to this topic

#1 The Fife Plooman OFFLINE  

The Fife Plooman
  • Member No: 54903
  • 1,311 Thanks
  • 258 posts

Posted October 10, 2016 - 10:50 AM

Hi all

On the 3rd Oct went to a local ploughing match it was what we call a disaster day, the ground was hard even the big tractors struggled to make a good job I managed to make a mess with a capital M, I got nowhere came in third out of four.

After some modification to my plough and adding a 56 lbs weight I went to another ploughing match on Sunday 9 th  Oct.

Weather good modifications worked well. my finish let me down but for my ploughing I was awarded First prize :love:

As I say what a difference a day makes little more tweaking to do but very happy with the result so farEck finish Anstruther.jpg Douglas finish.jpg Frank Anstruther.jpg George finish Anstruther.jpg Weight bracket 2016.jpg Scotch skimmer 2016.jpg 56 lbs weight fitted.jpg E Cummings throw out.jpg Eck Cummings 4 tops.jpg Eck ploughing.jpg E Cummings throw out.jpg Eck Cummings 4 tops.jpg Eck ploughing.jpg T Tweedie throw out.jpg T Tweedie finish.jpg T Tweedie finish.jpg George throw out.jpg George 4 tops.jpg George ploughing and finish.jpg E Whotton throw out.jpg Eck wotton 4 tops.jpg Eck Wotton finish.jpg

:beer:  :bigrofl:

Attached Thumbnails

• Tam Tweedie 6 tops.jpg

• Gtractor, Alc, KennyP and 7 others have said thanks

#2 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,807 Thanks
  • 7,547 posts

Posted October 10, 2016 - 11:36 AM

Looks good. Nice pics. What make and model is your tractor and the others? Remember in life, when you stop learning, you are as good as dead. Good Luck, Rick

#3 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,522 Thanks
  • 39,742 posts

Posted October 10, 2016 - 11:54 AM

Looks great to me. Just to turn a furrow would make my day, no matter what it looked like.

• Alc and boyscout862 have said thanks

#4 Bolens800uk OFFLINE  

Bolens800uk
  • Member No: 63893
  • 1,165 Thanks
  • 919 posts

Posted October 10, 2016 - 03:56 PM

Looks good. Nice pics. What make and model is your tractor and the others? Remember in life, when you stop learning, you are as good as dead. Good Luck, Rick

George's tractor is a Gutbrod and the blue crawler is a Ransommes Crawler I believe.

Great photos yet again and good to see horticultural tractors making an impact in Scotland; very little down my way sadly.
  • Alc, boyscout862, Bmerf and 1 other said thanks

#5 The Fife Plooman OFFLINE  

The Fife Plooman
  • Member No: 54903
  • 1,311 Thanks
  • 258 posts

Posted October 11, 2016 - 02:32 AM

Hi

We in Scotland were in the same position it started as a fun day at Scone rally Scotland by Frank and an old friend Gordon we used to take part in a static horticultural display we were invited to franks working area there were two of them this year there were ten of us.

We asked around at local ploughing matches if we could put on a demonstration of horticultural  tractors ploughing from there we now have our own class

at most of the matches in our areas the Borders Fife Tayside Perth

The last match there were seven outfits and the day went well

This is the third year that we have been invited to the Scottish championships. So from small beginnings

Contact your nearest ploughing match organisers see if they will let you demonstrate  the horticultural tractor ploughing I am sure they will find you a corner for you to practise

If you do not ask you will never know

Hope this helps :thumbs:  :angel:

• KennyP said thank you

#6 coldone OFFLINE  

coldone

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 839
  • 1,631 Thanks
  • 1,668 posts

Posted October 11, 2016 - 05:17 AM

Your "disappointing 3rd place" plowing is better than most peoples best! Thanks for sharing!

#7 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,581 Thanks
  • 3,961 posts

Posted October 11, 2016 - 05:21 AM

Your "disappointing 3rd place" plowing is better than most peoples best! Thanks for sharing!

I totally agree!