• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 MrMarty51 OFFLINE  

MrMarty51
  • Member No: 62893
  • 141 Thanks
  • 105 posts

Posted October 09, 2016 - 10:18 AM

The 110 has hydraulic lift and comes with the snow plow blade and mower deck.

It has always been stored inside and He said that it runs real well.

The price is $350.00 and He will barter.

I have a Century Arms AR-7 rifle, .22 cal. in very good condition. All of its components fits into the butt stock. The action, barrel and magazine. It is a semi auto rifle. I think the value on a new rifle of this style is about $350.00.

What do You guys think, good deal or not ?

I guess I just need a little push. I have several .22 cal rifles so it is not like I really am needing this one.

• grnspot110, oldedeeres and propane1 have said thanks

#2 Merle013 ONLINE  

Merle013
  • Member No: 74432
  • 125 Thanks
  • 113 posts

Posted October 09, 2016 - 10:26 AM

Here is my push. That would be a good deal where i am at.

• MrMarty51 said thank you

#3 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 5,879 Thanks
  • 3,202 posts

Posted October 09, 2016 - 11:32 AM

If he's a gun nut like some of the rest of us it would be a sweet deal for you. I'd offer it to him even up.

#4 Trav1s ONLINE  

Trav1s

Got points?

• Member No: 5472
  • 2,604 Thanks
  • 3,752 posts

Posted October 09, 2016 - 11:43 AM

What year 110?  They made hydraulic versions of the round fender machines and the flat fender machines.

#5 MrMarty51 OFFLINE  

MrMarty51
  • 141 Thanks
  • 105 posts

Posted October 09, 2016 - 06:35 PM

I have not yet seen the machine. I do believe that it is the round fender though. I will take the rifle over and look over the 110 then, I will hand over the rifle to Him.

YUP, I am sure that He will jump right on the deal. He is a big of a nut for fire arms as I am. :rolling:

It will not happen until Tuesday, I`ll be going to Billings tomorrow. I will report back with pics, rather He jumps on the deal or not.

Fingers crossed that He will. I think I`ll need to build another shed so that I can put this 110 inside too. The shed I fixed up is already getting kind of full. :rolling:

• olcowhand and oldedeeres have said thanks

#6 Merle013 ONLINE  

Merle013
  • 125 Thanks
  • 113 posts

Posted October 09, 2016 - 07:00 PM

Good luck on the 110. Got a 1968 JD 112 for a future project. I know what you mean about running out of room. The storms have been hard on the tarps lately. Unloaded a homeless Craftsmen in the yard earlier. It will have to sit in the weather until I can get a shed built or buy some cheap tarps.

#7 MrMarty51 OFFLINE  

MrMarty51
  • 141 Thanks
  • 105 posts

Posted October 22, 2016 - 12:11 PM

Life sometimes gets in the way. I have been too busy here to even call the guy about His tractor. I did get that little rifle from the vault the other day. I had to fondle it just a little. OKAYOKAYOKAY, I HAD TO FONDLE IT A LOT. :rolling:

• Merle013 said thank you

#8 Jazz ONLINE  

Jazz
  • Member No: 62028
  • 1,441 Thanks
  • 953 posts

Posted October 22, 2016 - 12:59 PM

Seems like a good deal. I know I could do well but there are some weird IMO restrictions on Canadians bringing guns into US

We cannot buy guns in US to import home although Canadian border guards allow us into the country with gun purchased in the US. So illegal to export on one side but legal to import on the other side. 

We can bring guns into US for hunting or competition.

#9 MrMarty51 OFFLINE  

MrMarty51
  • 141 Thanks
  • 105 posts

Posted October 29, 2016 - 11:23 AM

I went over and looked at the tractor.

It turns out to be a 112 J.D. It is in very nice condition and it does have the hydraulic lift and the snow plow.

I took along the survival .022 rifle but He was not interested in trading for it. He said He already has several .022 rifles and rarely shoots them. :wallbanging:

He did say he would like a .243 but I am not willing to part with either one of the ones that I have, a Ruger and a Winchester.

The tractor was not a round fender and that is what I would want anyhow. :(  :rolling:

Maybe I will find something that He might like and make the deal anyway, until then, I`ll just wait.

Thank You everyone for Your interst in this thread.  Your comments are and suggestions are Very much appreciated.

• olcowhand said thank you

#10 Merle013 ONLINE  

Merle013
  • 125 Thanks
  • 113 posts

Posted October 29, 2016 - 12:36 PM

You can’t win them all. I got my JD 112 by trading a Troy-Bilt Super Bronco with a reworked front nose clip. TB had all sound mechanics and I completely rebuilt the deck. The 112 does not have hydro. :(.  But it runs good and everything is there. Unfortunately it is 3rd in line of restores. I want to clean it up give it a good coat of rust restorer and shoot a good coat clear. I want to save the character.

Attached Thumbnails

• JD 112 resize.jpg

#11 Bob E ONLINE  

Bob E
  • Member No: 85024
  • 22 Thanks
  • 27 posts

Posted October 29, 2016 - 01:07 PM

I wouldn't have expect to get the new value for a used riffle unless he was expecting to get the new value of his used deere. Plus the ar-7 I had would jam or misfire every couple shots, and was not very accurate when it worked. I actually had a nightmare about relying on that thing for survival.

...just sayin'