• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Schwarzkopf9 OFFLINE  

Schwarzkopf9
  • Member No: 84559
  • 37 Thanks
  • 34 posts

Posted October 08, 2016 - 08:17 PM

I came across several spots in my Perkins engine maintenance manual today that reference either a Shibaura part or name. Just curious if anyone knows what the relationship is between Shibaura and Perkins over the years? Just thought it odd and was curious. 

• olcowhand said thank you

#2 Schwarzkopf9 OFFLINE  

Schwarzkopf9
  • 37 Thanks
  • 34 posts

Posted October 08, 2016 - 08:27 PM

Nevermind, I found my answer, got this off a dealer site:

"Shibaura and Perkins created a joint venture company called Perkins Shibaura Engines with a U.S. based manufacturing plant in Griffin, GA which produces the compact yet powerful U.S. EPA Tier 4 Interim and Final 400 Series range of engines which deliver dependable and cost effective power for machine manufacturers and end-users in the construction, agricultural, materials handling and electric power markets. The line includes of a range of two-, three- and four-cylinder, liquid-cooled, naturally aspirated and turbocharged models. JT Services is proud to represent Shibaura."

• tractorgarden said thank you

#3 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,735 Thanks
  • 8,912 posts

Posted October 08, 2016 - 09:21 PM

What year do you think your rear steer machine is? Tier 4 wasn't mandated until 2004.

• tractorgarden said thank you

#4 Schwarzkopf9 OFFLINE  

Schwarzkopf9
  • 37 Thanks
  • 34 posts

Posted October 09, 2016 - 02:52 PM

I haven't confirmed yet but, I believe 1991 or 2. My manual doesn't mention Tier 4 at all, I'm sure it was manufactured prior to its inception...