Garden Tractor Forums banner

Got shafted again!

792 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Sawdust 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Portland swap, saw a couple of shafts. One was pto with the two ends on it, for only $10. Got that just for the joints, have a few of the pto's, but this one was nice and Cheap! Other one was told thought from Bolens, but not sure. For $5, took a chance. Was real stiff on joints, but when home PB on it, they moved much better and even got grease to go into them, pushing out all kinds of rusty looking grease, much nicer now. Don't seem loose. Even got grease in center slide area, but that is not loose yet. Letting it soak for now and try later. Does it look like off a Bolen's deck? I need one for my QT16. Not splined, but not sure what is needed on that tractor at moment. Keyed ends, didn't measure yet. Even if not for this, seems pretty good buy and might use elsewhere.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Bottom one looks like a drive shaft for a lgt 165 ford snow blower.

Noel

Reactions: KennyP
#6 ·
Agree on the top one just like my H16. With the amount of travel on the bottom one looks like for an implement that would raise & lower.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.