• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#16 propane1 OFFLINE  

propane1
  • Member No: 54307
  • 6,105 Thanks
  • 3,196 posts

Posted October 06, 2016 - 02:47 PM

Those are nice cars. Couch on wheels , they call them around here. Too bad they are not made like that today.
My uncle had a Pontiac Parisienne brougham. It had the nice seats and loaded up, for a 1986 car. Wish I still had it. 305, 4 barrel.

Noel

#17 dodge trucker OFFLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 1,437 Thanks
  • 1,895 posts

Posted October 06, 2016 - 03:11 PM

And it is a 2door, even!!! most of those cars had a 307 olds V8.

#18 LilysDad OFFLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,599 Thanks
  • 7,655 posts

Posted October 06, 2016 - 05:24 PM

Niiice!    I would wear bifocals and a small brimmed hat and drive it like an old man with traffic stacked up behind me. Just for fun. :D

• Alc said thank you

#19 alleyyooper OFFLINE  

alleyyooper
  • Member No: 58852
  • 861 Thanks
  • 353 posts

Posted October 06, 2016 - 05:38 PM

LOL :dancingbanana: I am an old man so to be 70.

:D   Al

• Alc and MFDAC have said thanks

#20 jabelman OFFLINE  

jabelman
  • Member No: 38843
  • 1,472 Thanks
  • 1,133 posts

Posted October 06, 2016 - 07:10 PM

after reading again reminds me back in high school my mom had an 87 thunderbird, my buddys mom had I guess an early 90's buick. we used to drag them hard on Friday nights, our moms would have killed us. (a bunch of us street dragged race one of the challenges was it had to be your mom's car!)
  • Alc said thank you

#21 MFDAC OFFLINE  

MFDAC

Only member from Western South Dakota!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5815
  • 2,026 Thanks
  • 1,122 posts

Posted October 06, 2016 - 07:56 PM

Staying box stock so I can drive it with the 30 year historical plate $10.00 for those 30 trumps and mods.. Has a 350 chevy 4 barrel carb, but still not a race car. It floats down the road, my land yacht it is.  

Great Buick and family history with it! I'm glad you were finally able to get this beauty and intend on leaving it like your Mom drove it. It took me 30 years to get my Mom's truck and it is still a work in progress. My Dad and his wife (step mother) both retired from the Buick plant in Flint, Mich. just a few years before your car was built. I would sure like to see more pics and get updates on cruising you do with your "land yacht"!

DAC

• Alc said thank you

#22 alleyyooper OFFLINE  

alleyyooper
  • 861 Thanks
  • 353 posts

Posted October 07, 2016 - 06:05 AM

My mother in law and father in law worked for AC spark plug in Flint Michigan. The LaSaber was built in St. Louis Missouri. Window sticker price If I remember right was $13,000 some. I do have the window sticker that list out all the options. A sales brochure with mom and dads hand written notes of what they were going to order, Also the final bill of sale what they paid for it. Every thing done to it at a out side shop Dad kept the recites with the mileage that was on it at the time, Of course he had written in the cars log book all oil changes he had down air filter change and all that stuff. He did the same with his lawn tractors too.

• KennyP, LilysDad and ericjr16 have said thanks

#23 det12187 OFFLINE  

det12187
  • Member No: 75145
  • 22 Thanks
  • 38 posts

Posted October 07, 2016 - 07:14 AM

Wished the AC was still around but like everything in Flint its just a memory aka. Chevy in the Hole, Buick City, and

Fisher body. Kinda wonder what will be next there isn't much left. Must be an election year, we have all these

politician showing up telling us how they are going to save us and we won't see them again until the next election.

loved hearing Bill run his trap, hell he is the one that started it all with Nafta............... We can't even have clean

to drink..................

#24 alleyyooper OFFLINE  

alleyyooper
  • 861 Thanks
  • 353 posts

Posted October 07, 2016 - 08:47 AM

Well I live in this area and know of the jobs lost in the auto industry here in Michigan. Seems every one has for gotten good old tricky dickey Nixon going to china and saying we need to start trading with them. Billy just signed the NSFT bill into law after both congress and the senate passed the bills.  

Also keep in mind it was that A HOLE Snyder a tricky Ricky guy who appointed the city manager for Flint that said to stop paying Detroit for there water and get it from the Flint river to save a buck. Now people are not happy that the fix isn't going fast enough.

Good old Tricky Ricky has deflected that blame to Washington too so he don't get the heat.

Hope you as a citizen of Michigan Enjoy paying his lawyer bills from his many many suits because of Flint water.

• ericjr16 said thank you

#25 toppop52 ONLINE  

toppop52
  • Member No: 54420
  • 3,450 Thanks
  • 3,359 posts

Posted October 07, 2016 - 09:54 AM

Staying box stock so I can drive it with the 30 year historical plate $10.00 for those 30 trumps and mods.. Has a 350 chevy 4 barrel carb, but still not a race car. It floats down the road, my land yacht it is.  

It's a cool car, but if it's got 350 Chevy, it's one of one, engines in those were  the 3.8 (231) Buick, 5.0 (307) Olds and the 5.7 (350 diesel) Olds. Post a picture of the engine, I've been wrong before. :D

Engine offerings included the standard 231 V6 (sedans and coupes) or optional Olds 307 V8 (which came as standard in the wagons) and Oldsmobile 350 diesel V8 (available in all models). 1985 307s received roller lifters for reduced friction.

#26 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,250 Thanks
  • 28,602 posts

Posted October 07, 2016 - 12:37 PM

Georgous, we had a Caprice Classic from 85. Some yokel left the bar and rear ended Mom and Dad so hard, it put the bumper and some of the trunk in contact with the pavement, rear wheels off the ground.

#27 MGP59DB OFFLINE  

MGP59DB
  • Member No: 66960
  • 990 Thanks
  • 505 posts

Posted October 07, 2016 - 03:57 PM

I love those old boats ! That is very nice for a Michigan cruiser .

Be careful with those doors in parking lots , they look like they are six feet long.

Nothing better than that on the highway . !! I bought an Olds 98 Brougham Royal  89' off my Uncle back in Y2K , Set the cruise control and climb in back to take a nap. Love it !!