• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 SNUFFY OFFLINE  

SNUFFY
  • Member No: 47170
  • 184 Thanks
  • 267 posts

Posted October 05, 2016 - 06:36 AM

Now that I`m contemplating the mid-mount cultivator and the 3 pt hitch,  I`m curious about the power and volume of fluid with the stock Hydro pump. My pump appears to be factory original although almost everything else is anything but original.  You really need separate controls and cylinders for the culti ...drop the mid mount first and then the behind the wheels tines after you move in . I can rig something to the 3 pt for behind the wheels so I can get away with just the 2 cylinders I think. I just wondering if the factory stock pump would have enough volume to do both cylinders at the same time. Not sure if my pump is any count anyway but I`ve got the belt in place for it so I`m going to try to use it.  Any body got any experience with aftermarket pumps and tried the 2 cylinders with stock pumps???

#2 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,451 Thanks
  • 6,618 posts

Posted October 05, 2016 - 07:49 AM

On my Jim Dandy it uses the Century pump with the control valve built in and I wanted to add  a cylinder on the  snow plow to angle it too . I had a 6 port valve , IN/OUT   - Cly1  IN/OUT  Cly2  IN/OUT  and the way it worked was with  that valve handle up it worked the front cyl. and when in the down position it would operate the plow lift . by moving the control handle on the Century pumppost-1094-0-68807700-1414843894.jpg

I worked fine once I added the extra hydraulic fluid needed for the front hoses and cylinder . There are other way members have done it , this is how I did it

• tractorgarden said thank you

#3 MNGB ONLINE  

MNGB
  • Member No: 62466
  • 1,003 Thanks
  • 829 posts

Posted October 05, 2016 - 01:43 PM

The hydraulic pump will handle it with no problems, to do what you want to do a dual spool valve will be the easiest / simplest way,  Here's what I did to run 2 hydraulic cylinders independently

http://gardentractor...d-valve-on-pk2/

• Genem said thank you

#4 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,451 Thanks
  • 6,618 posts

Posted October 06, 2016 - 06:00 AM

If your tractor has the separate pump & valve like MNGB has ( mine is a all in one   )  a valve like this with the float built in might work well for you ( kind of pricy for me lol )  

http://www.surplusce...AT-9-7862-F.axd

#5 SNUFFY OFFLINE  

SNUFFY
  • Member No: 47170
  • 184 Thanks
  • 267 posts

Posted October 10, 2016 - 08:21 AM

Thanks guys....I finished up paint on the big pieces this weekend and was fooling with the Hyd stuff while waiting on paint to dry between coats and found the hydro pump to be locked up. It is a small pump and I didn`t really try to force it ...wonder if there are rebuild kits still available....may just need cleanup and O-rings. Stuck in in the Electro tank with other stuff....figured it couldn`t hurt it. !

#6 MNGB ONLINE  

MNGB
  • Member No: 62466
  • 1,003 Thanks
  • 829 posts

Posted October 10, 2016 - 12:24 PM

If the hydraulic pump is original it should have been a Webster YB 15, I sure would not have put it in a the Electro tank.

Attached File  Webster Hyd pump Manual.pdf   241.53KB   12 downloads

• Alc said thank you