• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 abu507 ONLINE  

abu507
  • Member No: 68410
  • 1 Thanks
  • 11 posts

Posted October 04, 2016 - 01:55 PM

One on ebay with no motor. What motors will fit this tractor if I cant find the 17hp kohler I IT is the 12/17 worth saving it?

Edited by abu507, October 04, 2016 - 01:57 PM.

#2 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,662 Thanks
  • 6,476 posts

Posted October 04, 2016 - 03:40 PM

Engine not that big of deal. Make sure trans works, no part available or at least little.  Have the driveshaft with it? Which size was this, the 1600 big one or the smaller 1200 model?  The smaller ones seem easier to find the stuff for if you want orig. The REAL late ones have V-twins and complicated wiring and harder to put just anything in those. Not understanding what your engine question is, you mean a Series 2 KT17?   The standard ones have extra holes in blocks usually, ha. Some say 2 series better, I'm not so sure.  A later 18 twin should bolt all in the same, is better engine, and offered by PK later.  Kohler v-twins or vanguards might work, but be more mods to fit I'm sure.  Lots of room under these hoods on sides usually. It better be CHEAP buy, think will be lots of cash to get going again and long time hunting parts.

• abu507 said thank you

#3 MNGB ONLINE  

MNGB
  • Member No: 62466
  • 1,016 Thanks
  • 838 posts

Posted October 04, 2016 - 08:02 PM

Hi I seen that listing on ebay, its a 1200 series I think they has a KT 17 Series II engine, which is a better engine then the plain KT17 but from my research parts are very spendy maybe had to find and no or very few aftermarket parts. I'm wondering if a Kohler K321 could be used in it, originally they offered the 1200 with a Kohler 12 hp K301, either of the those engines would be a better choice. I'll upload some factory information on the 1200,s

Attached File  1200 tractors.pdf   24.4MB   17 downloads

Attached File  1200 Series.pdf   2.54MB   9 downloads

• abu507 said thank you

#4 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,662 Thanks
  • 6,476 posts

Posted October 05, 2016 - 07:53 PM

I looked at posting too, kinda hard to find, had to change my search phrase to get it. I like it!  I was thinking of trying bidding, but kinda far for something I don't really need. If it went cheap, I would think pretty good buy. That seems to be a dealer, cause this one and another I was looking at for too much money were both listed as Jaconsen Lawn somethings in the info square, which these surely are not. If could be gotten for say $250, $300 at most, might be a do-able project. Think I would look into a single in it myself. The bigger ones had mount plates with holes for both twins and singles on last one I played with, just had to have diff length drive-shaft. I see the shaft and even the pto clutch in pictures, would be nice to have those, make sure it came with it. Laugh at the hydro fluid was changed part. If was changed and tested, must have been engine in it to check that??? SO, why is it out now?? 

• MNGB and abu507 have said thanks

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: !7hp