• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DZG OFFLINE  

DZG
  • Member No: 84305
  • 281 Thanks
  • 266 posts

Posted October 04, 2016 - 01:28 PM

Ok, i looked in my PDF manual and proceeded to adjust the brakes, i ended up with the nut completly bottomed out, no clutch/brake pedal movement, and still no brakes.

I adkusted it back to where it was, but what am i missing?

#2 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,659 Thanks
  • 6,470 posts

Posted October 04, 2016 - 03:47 PM

This a disc on trans-axle?? Sometimes the pads are worn down or fallen out. Also, the whole thing with the wobbly action plate sometimes just rusts up and no movement when applying force. That cam plate is what is pushing in the puck and has to be movable and come back out when released. Getting brake off to clean and re-build is not too hard, getting the disc off the trans is very hard, one bolt can't clear to get out and usually disc center again rusted to the shaft. DON'T pry on the disc, instant bending occurs and it is ruined, I know! If I was you , I would remove all the tin work from the back of tractor to get much better look at mechanicals and see how things work, clean all the linkages and joints and get those working as they should. Can't see a thing on these with the fenders and metal on them, and have to lay on back to see what little you can from below.

#3 DZG OFFLINE  

DZG
  • Member No: 84305
  • 281 Thanks
  • 266 posts

Posted October 05, 2016 - 03:53 AM

I crawled under it and the disc itself looks ok, however the lining in completly gone.

I did a quick google but nothing came up for replacement lining?

Guess ill start pulling tin and seeing where i stand.

Maybe ill just fix the carb first :p

Edited by DZG, October 05, 2016 - 03:54 AM.