• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Firemang OFFLINE  

Firemang
  • Member No: 35312
  • 140 Thanks
  • 151 posts

Posted October 04, 2016 - 11:15 AM

I might have better luck in the Gilson forum, but anybody have a manual for a Ford LGT 18H made in the mid to late 80's?  Or maybe know if there's a Gilson model that just rebranded as a Ford thats the same?  Thanks

#2 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,415 Thanks
  • 39,663 posts

Posted October 04, 2016 - 12:01 PM

I haven't a clue where those manuals would be.

#3 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2135
  • 2,295 Thanks
  • 2,331 posts

Posted October 04, 2016 - 12:55 PM

Check around for Lawnboy GT18H Same tractor different color. Lawnboy 53084 will get you to the parts manuals.

This might help Some.

http://parts.sepw.com/#/s/LBY/53084//1

• Firemang said thank you

#4 Firemang OFFLINE  

Firemang
  • 140 Thanks
  • 151 posts

Posted October 05, 2016 - 12:25 AM

Eric, thank you. I saw that lawnboy made a version of this same tractor after I made the post. I might try eBay to see if I can get a manual that way.

#5 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2135
  • 2,295 Thanks
  • 2,331 posts

Posted October 05, 2016 - 12:58 PM

Just watch that you don't try to Download a manual.I did a google search and found 1 but it was loaded with a pretty nasty Browser hijacker bug.It would redirect you to some online shopping search site named SearchBiz no matter what address you put in.Took me a bit to get rid of it.Luckily It just infected Firefox and I was able to remove it fairly easy.

Did you see the little Ford LGT 18H on ebay? lol  Would make a pretty cool hood ordainment if it was mounted on your tractor.

http://www.ebay.com/...4AAOSwMgdX0wTM 

#6 Firemang OFFLINE  

Firemang
  • 140 Thanks
  • 151 posts

Posted October 08, 2016 - 02:59 PM

I might try to get one off of eBay, saw one on there for about 20 bucks.  Here are some pics of the tractor and implements.  Got it off Craigslist about an hour and half's drive from my house yesterday.  Got the tractor with 48" deck, tiller, and blade all for $250.  Think I made a good score.  It's not running however, has a couple electrical issues, the guy stripped out one of the spark plug holes on one of the heads, and the carb is all torn apart and looks like it needs rebuilding.  Also a lot of old oil down on the base of the block and frame, don't know if they spilled some or if its got leaks.  Probably wont tear into it until late winter and I'm not sure if I'll do a full rebuild/restore on it or just get it running and use it as a worker.  Kinda told the better half it'd be more of a worker and to get my 8 year old out there working with me rather than a show piece.  The tiller also looks like it needs some work, its missing the back plate/guard that smooths the tilled soil and it also looks like part of the drive shaft is missing.  Theres some sort of half shaft on it but it's only about 10" long and I cant see anywhere on the back of the tractor that looks like it receives it.  Anyone that has one of these or the Lawnboy version that could give me some info I'd really appreciate it.  Thanks