Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

3 Point set up ...and under frame cultivators.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 SNUFFY OFFLINE  

SNUFFY
  • Member No: 47170
  • 184 Thanks
  • 267 posts

Posted October 04, 2016 - 05:57 AM

I`m trying to find a pic or diagram of  a factory 3 pt set up and how the bottom links tie to the frame. Seen a few of the back end of it but not how it attaches to the frame. Again my set up for draw bar set up mine came with does not appear to be factory.

And I heard somebody talking about a set of cultivators under the frame like the offset Farmalls have been forever. Any pics or info on that would be appreciated too !

Would be open to trade my drawbar set up for a 3 pt if anybody is interested .

#2 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,475 posts

Posted October 04, 2016 - 06:36 AM

Not that easy to change.  The three point arms hang off two heavy metal bars or sections that are welded to the frame right along the plate that also mounts the axle in.  Might check to see if yours there, or maybe not. You CAN weld those in if you have dimensions to make them. Just made out of thick flat stock, seems 3/4 x 1" or a little more is close, would have to measure mine for sure. Complete hitches minus those mounts are found on ebay quite often. There used to be a bolt on mount for those offered to make yours with one, pictures in the thumb drive I have if I search. Might be able to copy that and install easiest.  Then I'm not sure your lift linkage in center of tractor will be correct to operate it, another thing to look at.

• Alc, SNUFFY and MNGB have said thanks

#3 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,461 Thanks
  • 39,690 posts

Posted October 04, 2016 - 07:29 AM

I just uploaded the Cat 0 3-PT hitch parts manual.

• SNUFFY said thank you

#4 MNGB ONLINE  

MNGB
  • Member No: 62466
  • 1,008 Thanks
  • 834 posts

Posted October 04, 2016 - 07:30 AM

Hi Snuffy you should buy Larry Goss's thumb drive it has 30000+ pages of information on PK's , as GL posted its not and easy thing to convert from the lift draw bar to 3 pt and as he posted there was a bolt on adapter to make the lift drawbar work as a 3 pt. But if you want the underneath cultivator it was available with the lift drawbar every attachment was made for the lift drawbar look at the sale brochure I upload for you in your decals question it show everything there.

• KennyP said thank you

#5 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,475 posts

Posted October 04, 2016 - 07:30 AM

Here's some scans off the drive. There is older hitch and later hitch. Later is much better for links to adjust and such.  Also is a pix of an adapter to mount to your draw-bar with a third link mount in back. I see those on ebay all the time. Other half of page is that bolt-on kit which allows 3pt to go on bare frame tractor. No dimensions, but maybe could figure out the ones needed to make one??  You can see in the later or early picture there are the two vertical bars for the lower mounting. That is what is probly not on your frame.  With dimensions, could also cut those out and make your own, weld on.

Attached Thumbnails

• img015.jpg
  • img016.jpg
  • img014.jpg

• Alc, KennyP and MNGB have said thanks

#6 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,461 Thanks
  • 39,690 posts

Posted October 04, 2016 - 08:11 AM

I have the contact info for Larry Goss if it's needed. Just PM me.

• MNGB said thank you

#7 Username OFFLINE  

Username

• Member No: 2568
  • 2,065 Thanks
  • 1,425 posts

Posted October 04, 2016 - 09:22 AM

Straddle row cultivator.

Attached Thumbnails

• CCF10042016.jpg

• MNGB said thank you

#8 SNUFFY OFFLINE  

SNUFFY
  • Member No: 47170
  • 184 Thanks
  • 267 posts

Posted October 05, 2016 - 06:05 AM

Thanks guys....good info and yes I guess I need the thumb drive....The problem with it is I`ll spend too much time looking at it !!!! I love looking at this stuff.

I`m down to painting the hood.... will finish the paintwork for the most part. I`ve done most of the paint work in 85 degrees and up air temp. It cooled off and I painted some at about 70 last weekend and could tell a big difference in the way the paint laid down on the rims. So trying to get the paint work done. I`m gonna put the tranny/floor plate back on just so I can at least take pic of it completely painted up.

The cylinder was mounted on a homemade deal welded under the left frame rail...I was wondering what the solid mount on the right top of the frame was for till I saw some pics with the cylinder there. These diagrams have given me some ideas for the 3 pt and culti.....need to do some measuring and take me a trip to the local boneyard and see what I can conjure up.

Thanks again guys been a big help again

#9 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,461 Thanks
  • 39,690 posts

Posted October 05, 2016 - 06:22 AM

Once things calm down here and weather forces me inside, I'll see if I can sort through the files again and get more uploaded. Since I am unfamiliar with this brand, I get lost easily on what to upload. When folks ask about something, I do a search to see if the manual is available and upload as necessary. Best I can do for now.