2 replies to this topic

#1 chieffan OFFLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,147 Thanks
  • 4,491 posts

Posted October 03, 2016 - 07:39 PM

Had the pleasure of meeting a fellow member today, captindemo17.  Sold him a tractor some time back and he finally made the 4 hour trip down to bring it home with him.   It was a large frame with an S14 that I fought for well over a month and dropped over $300 in new ignition parts and never did get a sustaining spark out of it.   Turned me real sour on S series and large frame in general.  He got a heck of a deal and I wish him the best of luck on that engine as he will need a whole semi load of it.  I was never so glad to see something leave my property as I was today.  Thank you captimdemo17, you made my day.

• Gtractor, MH81, KennyP and 2 others have said thanks

#2 EricFromPa OFFLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2135
  • 2,295 Thanks
  • 2,331 posts

Posted October 03, 2016 - 08:23 PM

LOL  Don't ya love a stubborn engine?The older it is the more worn out parts it will have.But they have Less parts than the newer ones BUT some of those older parts are darn near impossible to find.

I'm in the Same vote with my Sears SS15.After buying a new coil $48 points,condensor $52 spark plug $4 and 2 used carbs $30 each I figured it out.Borrowed an old Dwell meter and come to find out that my Coil mounting bracket had moved.So no matter how I gaped the points the spark timing wasn't going to be correct. :wallbanging: :wallbanging: :wallbanging: :wallbanging:

It's fixed and now it's time for it to go away before something else messes up on it. :thumbs:  Luckily I gave 1 last shot at trying to get it running correctly or it would of gone down the road a while ago.

Deck needs spindle bearings but the next owner can tackle that ordeal.

• MH81 and chieffan have said thanks

#3 chieffan OFFLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 6,147 Thanks
  • 4,491 posts

Posted October 03, 2016 - 09:12 PM

One thing about those S series Wisconsin's.  You either love them or hate them,  I chose the later.