Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

finally got the GT19 into the garage fo some work...

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#31 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,564 Thanks
  • 3,942 posts

Posted October 14, 2016 - 05:32 AM

Yup, that 6th terminal is by itself and doubles the price. I think that one sends power to the coil. Good to hear you got it running again.
  • dodge trucker said thank you

#32 dodge trucker OFFLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 1,897 posts

Posted October 15, 2016 - 02:52 PM

ok white flag time... I'm done playing with this tractor for a while. I need to get some other things done today and tomorrow, going camping (roughing it, yes, in a tent) Monday morning for a few days, engine has to come out of this tractor again. (for the 3rd time this week) Either my JBweld job on the flywheel magnets failed, or that starter did.  It started fine Wed and Thurs., yesterday it cranked  real slow and acted locked up, I had to break it free w/a pipe wrench opposite rotation, and it turned free til I hit the starter, it turned about 1/8 turn and"stuck" with the battery cables getting hotter the more I hit the key.

Broke free again and every time  I tried to start it it stuck again. 

I have my fresh engine together and oil pan full/pump primed with a drill on the stand I hope to have it set into my hi mile Durango today/tomorrow before we go, then wire it up and hook it all up next weekend when I get back.... that absoutely has to run before snow flies.... and need the garage space to do it in as my cherry picker doesn't roll to well in my gravel driveway.... so the Ariens has to go outside for now instead. gotta get the motor out of the Durango, push it out into  the driveway and power wash the  empty engine compartment, push it back in and set the rebuilt longblock in.

I picked up a junkyard engine and pulled that apart for the rebuild. the original engine (360 cu.in., "5.9" in today's language) only has 258,000 and change on it. I think my kid has plans to rebuild the engine that's coming out for one of his trucks.....