• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 1,437 Thanks
  • 1,895 posts

Posted October 02, 2016 - 10:29 AM

I picked up this snow blower last winter knowing that it had a bad engine but also knowing that I had a good, 2 shaft ( extended camshaft) Tecumseh sitting under the bench;  someone had taken the engine off and apart to see what it would take to revive the original engine, and put it back together.

They had also tried to run it with a plain engine without the extended camshaft and it did not work out/ so the PO bolted the original engine back to it and sold it.

I have the engine mounted and ready to run but there is something missing for the idler pulley/bracket for the belt that runs off the extended cam. there is a hole in the idler bracket where something obviously puts tension on it/ but being I bought it as a basket case I did not get that part,

I looked at the parts breakdown at Sears Parts direct, I wish I could zoom in/blow up the pic.

this is an 8hp (now an 11hp) 26" trac drive, model 536.885910   code 0262.  

anyone familiar with these machines?  or have one they could look at/take a pic of that part of the linkage?

I am ready for winter as I have my old standby Deere 828D  but I'd like to make this trac drive unit whole again.

#2 New.Canadian.DB.Owner OFFLINE  

New.Canadian.DB.Owner
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10178
  • 2,223 Thanks
  • 1,450 posts

Posted October 02, 2016 - 02:27 PM

https://c.searsparts...NM/1011673L.pdf
  • MH81 said thank you

#3 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • 1,437 Thanks
  • 1,895 posts

Posted October 02, 2016 - 02:55 PM

Canadian DB  your link comes up as "not found"....  being it has "sears parts" in it, it may be a fair guess that it is the same thing I already looked up but could not pick out the detail,  but it might not be.....

#4 New.Canadian.DB.Owner OFFLINE  

New.Canadian.DB.Owner
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10178
  • 2,223 Thanks
  • 1,450 posts

Posted October 02, 2016 - 03:34 PM

Attached File  1011673L.pdf   4.59MB   22 downloads

• MH81 and dodge trucker have said thanks

#5 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • 1,437 Thanks
  • 1,895 posts

Posted October 02, 2016 - 05:04 PM

OK thanks that came up and looks cleaner than the sears parts online version, yeah looks like I am just missing a spring...

#6 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,210 Thanks
  • 28,584 posts

Posted October 02, 2016 - 08:44 PM

Canadian DB  your link comes up as "not found"....  being it has "sears parts" in it, it may be a fair guess that it is the same thing I already looked up but could not pick out the detail,  but it might not be.....

Fixed the link. Nice manual and nice machine.
  • dodge trucker said thank you

#7 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • 1,437 Thanks
  • 1,895 posts

Posted October 02, 2016 - 08:56 PM

yeah I had a real copy of that manual but it has been MIA since my other Dakota got wrecked, I thought sure we got that out before that truck went to the crusher there are a few other things I haven't seen since then either

looking at the hole in the idler bracket I was thinking that a linkage rod of some sort might be what was supposed to go in there  but being that I got the unit used and after someone else had their hand on it, you sometimes never know where all the pieces may be or if what is there is where it is supposed to be

• MH81 said thank you