• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mtoney OFFLINE  

mtoney
  • Member No: 13665
  • 557 Thanks
  • 539 posts

Posted October 01, 2016 - 02:05 PM

I have done 2 of my model trains that I take to shows up in custom paint/decals for Autism Awareness and thought it was time to do some custom touches to a GT since I attend many shows/plowing events.  The tractor will be my newly aquired 212 with hyd lift.  The original green hood will be retained for normal mowing duties.  I am looking for a second hood in really good shape, ie no damage to the fiberglass but the paint can be cruddy.  The plan will to have it wrapped in a decal with the rainbow puzzle pieces and Autism Awareness on both sides above where the normal hood decals go. I would reinstall new hood correct hood decals once the wrap is done.  If anybody here does this custom decal/vehicle wrapping, that would be awsome.  I might also do up some "magnet" decals to put on the rear of the seat pan.  I would put the hood on for any special events I attend.   More info to follow.   Mike

• KennyP, tractorgarden, Cvans and 5 others have said thanks

#2 Mtypython OFFLINE  

Mtypython
  • Member No: 80530
  • 258 Thanks
  • 291 posts

Posted October 01, 2016 - 03:34 PM

awsome good luck with it

#3 Little Irish Men OFFLINE  

Little Irish Men
  • Member No: 61934
  • 663 Thanks
  • 386 posts

Posted October 01, 2016 - 04:12 PM

A BIG Thank you for doing this. It means alot to us and to all the people out there that have kids with autism , this really means alot.

If you look at my avatar that is Big Foot the ( original) monster  truck , They have the austism puzzle piece symbol on all there trucks and haulers .

THANK YOU

Patrick.

• tractorgarden and Bolens800uk have said thanks

#4 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,622 Thanks
  • 7,665 posts

Posted October 01, 2016 - 04:25 PM

That's a great idea to have a second hood! You could have as many hoods and causes as you wish.

#5 mtoney OFFLINE  

mtoney
  • Member No: 13665
  • 557 Thanks
  • 539 posts

Posted October 01, 2016 - 05:20 PM

Well, I dont want to risk the special hood when I mow as I tend to get the nose into bushes ect.  Right now I am trying to locate a second hood for a cheap price.  I do this for the kids and the adults like myself, you never grow out of it, maybe cope better, but your always autistic.  I have days where I pass more as high functioning autistic than someone with Asperger's.  But either way, both are under the ASD diagnosis.  I am ASD level 1.5 to 2 depending on the day, atleast that is what my therapist tells me.  I think it will be really sharp and I haven't seen anything like it yet.  I have seen a few pink tractors for breast cancer over the years.  Mike

#6 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Cat Lover

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 9,622 Thanks
  • 7,665 posts

Posted October 01, 2016 - 08:09 PM

I've read a couple of books written from the view point of the main character who has Asbergers. I found them to be very interesting/ unique individuals..